Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Reluctantly selling and/or slowly breaking my 3rd Gen 4WS

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
fefelarue
My Generation: 3G

Reluctantly selling and/or slowly breaking my 3rd Gen 4WS

Post by fefelarue » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi all.

I'm very sad while writing this because I hate having to sell this car, but unfortunately I don't have the time to sort out the rust in the rear arches, and it's just going to spread unless someone else has the time and ability to do it. I've made a difficult decision that I need to move on, as I drive 60 miles every day, and I don't have room for 2 cars.

I've driven 50,000 miles in this thing across 12 different countries, and I drive it to work and back every day. It's seen me through 3 years of uni, the two years since, and 6 holidays in various ends of Europe. For a 27 year old car it's damn good, and I'm going to miss it lots. I really want this to go to someone who will keep it going and running, ideally on this forum.

You may have seen my long rambling build thread here:
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t7297.html
As you can see it's a real head-turner, and has had a HUGE amount of work gone into it. I easily get 10 compliments a week about the car just from strangers.

It's changed a bit since the end of the thread, current specs:

1989 Prelude 4WS 150BHP
124000 Miles
Tax and MOT until April
Full Stainless Exhaust including manifold
BC Racing coilovers - only 9 months old
Custom induction kit
Polybushed and reconditioned anti-roll bars
Gloss grey wrapped lower half
95AH Yuasa battery in the boot
One of a kind sharpie mural under the bonnet
Minimal custom interior with 5mm polycarb panels, red carpets and hidden speakers in parcel shelf
3D printed heater knob and cnc milled stainless steel doorknob gearknob
Suede roof lining and sunroof
Plenty more bits you can see in the above thread

-Everything works, all the electrics, the 4 wheel steering, the pop-up lights, everything.
-I still have the normal interior (partly suede-covered) if the buyer wants that too.

So onto the bad stuff:

-There is rust in the wheel arches/back of the sills. The back of the sill on the passenger side was rebuilt and repaired a year or so ago, but the upper arch wasn't, and both areas are rusty in the driver side (see pics). I really have pulled out all of the rust that I can without tools, and can see it doesn't go much deeper - the underneath and inner areas of the car are solid.

-Last week, while removing a parasitic aftermarket alarm system, I must have cut through the wire controlling the speedo, so that doesn't work (easy fix if you get the dash off and follow the wire no doubt.)

-The driveshaft on the drivers side knocks when at full lock left.

-When at idle in 1st gear and not accelerating, the car gets quite juddery. It's not an issue with me as I naturally overcome it with careful throttle control or just put the clutch in, but my Dad drove it recently and noticed it was jumpy down in that range. Not to do with engine revs though, and all the through the other gears and rev range it's wonderful.

It still works perfectly well and I'll be driving this to work still until it's sold.

[the private plate won't come with the car]

I urge you to read the thread linked above, as the pictures below only really show the stuff that's different from the build thread, they don't show all the little bits.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Located in Tonbridge, Kent

Price: £1000 to anyone on here, seeing as I could probably sell the suspension and exhaust for half of that.

I WILL ALSO SELL PARTS SEPARATELY THAT DON'T STOP THE CAR BEING A CAR, I.E. INTERIOR BITS, AND STUFF THAT'S OFF THE CAR.
PARTS FOR SALE:
-CUSTOM SUBWOOFER BOX IN PURPLE CARPET (SEE BUILD THREAD)
-POLYBUSHES FOR REAR UPPER ARMS (BRAND NEW, COST £100)
-FULL STANDARD INTERIOR (SOME SUEDE-COVERED - SEE BUILD THREAD)

I WILL ALSO SELL UPGRADED PARTS, IF YOU COME AND SWAP THEM FOR STANDARD PARTS, I.E. COILOVERS, EXHAUST, BONNET ETC.

Felix
Last edited by fefelarue on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:19 pm

Its a difficult one to value really.
3g's do fetch quite good money, even though most of them are rusty, however they aren't normally so gone on the inner arch ime. It's a fiddly repair, especially considering the panels aren't available.
It might take a while to sell on the the forum? It's definitely the sort of car that will also really appeal to the current 'scene' old skool slammed JDM brigade and I think you might possibly get the highest price that way - unfortunately IME those guys don't tend to be onces that go to the lengths of car restoration/into the car for the long haul, which is what it sounds like you would like the car to have?

What happened to the custom side sub install btw? Is that included in the sale?

fefelarue

Post by fefelarue » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:39 pm

Yeah it's a tricky one, but thanks for the comments, I'll give it a few days and see how it goes here before advertising it elsewhere.

The side box could be included, I currently have a different box in the car so it's on it's own with no sub. I'd happily sell it separately or include it in the sale, whatever people want really.

fefelarue

Post by fefelarue » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:44 am

Price added.

fefelarue

Post by fefelarue » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:58 pm

I am now breaking this for parts, but for the next few weeks, i won't sell anything that will stop the car running. If no-one wants the car by the end of October, I will break it fully.

I've found my new car, so need to get rid of all my bits :(

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Well, that is a shame :|
Financially though, I understand.

fefelarue

Post by fefelarue » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Sure you don't want it wurly? I'll do you a good deal :D

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:21 pm

:lol:
Thank you, but no. I have enough cars in my life atm... (unfortunately had such little time available to spend on them this year).

fefelarue

Post by fefelarue » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:33 pm

No-one interested in any parts at all??

3rd_gen_Aaron

Post by 3rd_gen_Aaron » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:58 pm

How much did you want for the bushes?

Return to “Cars for sale”