Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1999 Lude - project car, doner car etc. New exhaust

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
CookiePrelude1057
My Generation: 5G

1999 Lude - project car, doner car etc. New exhaust

Post by CookiePrelude1057 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:24 am

It's with a heavy heart I come to list my Prelude.

The car is for spares or repairs. I toyed with the idea of scrapping it but thought I'd see if it's of any use to someone first. Please see below description from my eBay post:

Honda Prelude 1999 unfinished project. This car has 1 owner (before me) from new. This owner appears to have neglected the car it's entire life. I very much doubt it's ever seen an oil change.

I purchased it as a bit of fun weekend car and found out that it needed a lot of work. We've done quite a bit of work to it including:

- New Honda exhaust (costly!), car has also done less than 10 miles with this exhaust on it.

- Changed all valve seals.

- Oil, filters, plug change.

- Distributor O ring change (Was leaking oil).

- Changed rocker cover gasket and cleaned out as was filled with Carbon.

The car smokes heavily, we believe that it's got head gasket failure. We've partially dismantled the engine but don't have the time to carry on.

Car drove well up until it started smoking heavily (even drove okay when it was!). Gearbox was sweet as a nut.

We toyed with the idea of stripping it down for parts, hence why its partially stripped. But seems a shame as these are getting quite collectable now. Currently the exhaust is off, interior removed and engine partially dismantled.

Car has been stood a long time also.

Bodywork is reasonable, paint a bit tatty and the odd rust patch. Interior is in great condition (hence why removed and toyed with the idea of selling separately)

MOT expired. No tax and engine will not run. Car will require trailering away.

All parts included. If the car doesn't sell we will sell for parts and scrap the body.

Half a tank of petrol!!

Auction starting at £250. The exhaust has got to be worth more than £250! Think of it as a brand new Honda exhaust and a car thrown in for free ;-).

V5 in my name, handbook and 3 keys (one red one never opened). Original sales document included. No service history (got the old serviced by a friend sh*te)

Ideal project or doner car.

Will be sad to see the car go but just don't have the time to fix her. No returns, no warranties etc. Car to be collected only and within 2 weeks of the auction ending. Buyer to make contact within 24 hours.

Cash on collection.

Viewing more than welcome. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Only Prelude parts included, the Cat, the pressure washer and any other bits in the photos are not for sale!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332324213689? ... 1555.l2649

Pictures are on the eBay page. Any questions please feel free to contact me.

CookiePrelude1057
My Generation: 5G

Post by CookiePrelude1057 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 am

Price might help! I want £250 for it. Can get £150 scrap and strip it for parts. Exhaust cost £400 from Honda and has done less than 10 miles on the car. Must be worth at least £300.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Saw this on eBay and thought it looked decently priced. Would be a shame to waste it on a normal scrapyard...

Return to “Cars for sale”