Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

2001 Honda Odyssey (RA6) F23A - 7 Seat JDM Import

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Shiny
My Generation: 0G

2001 Honda Odyssey (RA6) F23A - 7 Seat JDM Import

Post by Shiny » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:38 pm

I have my Honda Odyssey for sale. I purchased this in April 2016 in preparation for our friends coming to stay from Italy because I needed a 7 seater to give them a guided tour of the sites of England. The plan was to sell it straight after, but it was so handy that it really grew on me and I couldn’t part with it. However, my son has now passed his test so I need to consolidate my cars and buy a sensible hatchback so he can also drive. I’ve only covered 2,000 miles in the last year, a thousand of which were covered in a week when our friends were here.

The Odyssey is great car and, although it wasn’t sold by Honda in the UK, is one of the most popular “mini-vans” in the North America, Japan and Australia. This one was originally sold in Singapore and imported in 2007. The model is the RA6, second generation Odyssey.

It is powered by a 2253cc F23A VTEC (150bhp) engine so has power when you need it yet is smooth and quiet. The gearbox is automatic (with Honda’s tiptronic semi manual option) and is also smooth. It makes a great motorway cruiser and is also surprisingly nimble, with handling similar to an estate car, so is easy to drive around both town and country roads. The speedometer and milometer were converted from Kph to Mph so the current mileage is a mixture of both; I would estimate approx 100,000 miles in total.

When I purchased the car there were some suspension knocks, so I have replaced various bushes and suspension parts and all issues have been resolved. It has just had its annual MOT and passed without any advisories (as it also did last year) and has a valid MOT to 03/11/18. I have some service history, including the original Honda folder and user manual (in English).

The exterior is in very good condition, other than some age related marks. Unfortunately there is small dent on the rear hatch which was there when I purchased the car. But it is only aesthetic and does not affect the operation of the boot.

The interior is in grey leather(?) and is also in good condition, although there are some scratch marks on the interior plastics, most noticeably in the boot area and on the lower passenger glove box. Unlike many MPVs, the Odyssey can seat 7 adults comfortably. The rear two seats fold flat and the second row seats lift up and slide forward to give loads of room in the rear. It has come in very useful ferrying my eldest son back and forth from his uni digs and has saved hiring a van.

Some of the features of the car are power steering, electric windows front & back, electric folding wing mirrors, reverse parking sensors and front corner sensors. It also has air conditioning with climate control that blows nice and cold.

I have replaced the stereo with a double-din Pumpkin Android unit with GPS and an external microphone. This can pair with a mobile phone Bluetooth/wireless hotspot for sat nav, internet, music etc. Although not currently installed, it is capable of running parking cameras or additional screens. I have also upgraded the factory speakers to a set of Alpine speakers.

I have replaced the standard steel wheels with alloy wheels from a Honda Prelude Type-S, refurbished and painted in shadow silver with a metallic fleck. Locking wheel nuts have also been fitted. I have also carried out a full LED light conversion to the interior and fitted LED side lights to the front lights.
Apart from the dent on the rear hatch, the only other issue is a small oil leak, although this is minor and has no noticeable effect on oil consumption. Unfortunately the key fob does not work but car locks/unlocks and starts fine with just the key.

I’m a bit of Honda fan and even set up the Honda Odyssey UK Owners group on Facebook, which is growing well. I will certainly be sad to see the Odyssey go, but needs must. Viewings are welcome and I am happy to answer and questions anyone may have.

I am in Swindon, easy accessed from Junction 16 of the M4.

All yours for £2,500.

nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Awesome car add. :idea: :idea: 8-)

Shiny

Post by Shiny » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:12 am

Tintin. You need to buy this for when you have kids.

paul bristol uk
My Generation: 4G

Post by paul bristol uk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:07 pm

Not up to your usual standard Shiny :shock: There is a smal speck of dust by the trip meter :lol: Good luck with the sale it looks superb!
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

Shiny

Post by Shiny » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Got to keep you on your toes Paul, otherwise you'd think i was perfect :lol:

Come on, somebody buy my bus! :mrgreen:

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:43 am