Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th Gen UKDM VTI - 2.2 Manual

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Phil872
My Generation: 5G

Post by Phil872 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:50 pm

Honda Prelude Manual UKDM VTI 2.2 1998 in Cypress Green

Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23393

Car is currently on 68,482 miles.
Mechanically the car is fantastic, in my 4 year ownership I have had a lot done to it (see build thread)
including some major service components done less than 10k miles ago, timing belt, water pump, balancer shaft
and valves lapped in with new stem seal set.
Car has also had some more recent work done to suspension, antiroll bar drop links, bushes and ball joints.

All work has been done by Rich at PAW.

Last year I also had to have the exhaust replaced due to excessive corrosion, so from the cat back a stainless steel
exhaust has been fitted. The car has a noticeably throatier grunt that a normal prelude exhaust.

Car has Motegi wheels (including centre caps) and Motegi body kit all around – Purchased from members on here.
I also splashed out on the honeycomb grill and prelude badge a few years ago from Lings.

Yellow rocker cover (purchased from ratty on here in fact)
sparko spark plug wires – From a forum member.

Motegi wheels were finished in gun metal grey about 3.5 years ago, still look lovely but not pristine. Wrapped in Toyo Proxes.

DVLA 6 digit number plate.

Original Prelude mats still in the car.

Bad points
The car does have some age and weather related marks showing now.
A lot of the black rubber trim is showing a weathered look now.
I do have replacement door trims though that will be included.
The castle nut that holds on one of the window wipers has paint peeling.
Radio surround and passenger door handle have some marks and peeling, again i have replacements that will be included.
Minor on last MOT for a crack in the windscreen, passenger side stone chip, and a minor oil leak.

A very tiny blister has appeared below the petrol cap, looking at the images from when the work was done this looks to be right where new metal and old metal were joined. As per picture and when seen in person this is very small and not an entire restore project as I had all that done.

There was an MOT failure (now passed) for corrosion in one of the sills. As before with rust i got this dealt with and all rust was removed and new metal put in, sealed and coated in rust proofing. The location was again just in line where new metal and old metal touched from the restoration a few years ago.

Service History
Car has a reasonable but not complete service history from before my ownership but i do have extensive records from my 4 years from owning this car.
all 4 keys present, 2 black, grey and red. original handbook etc.

MOT expires 13th Aril 2024.
Mileage is 68,482
5 previous owners

After 4 years of owning and enjoying this lovely car, (I've owned other Preludes and this was the best one) sadly life does not allow us to run 2 cars anymore and we need to keep our other car due to practicality. If i could afford to keep 2 cars there would be no question of keeping and maintaining the Prelude.

Price
I've seen what people are putting these cars up for now but i think a lot of people are being unrealistic/unreasonable. I would like £5000 for the car, I have receipts for over £7000 in the last 4 years spent on the car. And given the mileage, engine work and rust work that has already been done, not a lot needs to be spent on this car aside from the few visual things mentioned above.

The car is not a garage queen this has been my daily driver but the car still looks fantastic after a good wash, clay bar and wax!

Exterior

Interior

engine bay

Blister

Paperwork

Last edited by Phil872 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nalla

Post by nalla » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:27 am

Preludes do look good in that colour.

Seems a reasonable price compared to what is being asked for them now.

Don’t get pulled over for cruising on the sea front today!

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:50 pm

Looks really good.

GLWTS and hope it goes to a good home!

Phil872

Post by Phil872 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:10 pm

Car is now sold. Not a current forum member but sounds like he'll be joining soon.

Return to “Cars for sale”