Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th gear crunch/grind... There was a Honda TSB!

Engine/Gearbox questions and discussion
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:52 pm

Interesting :ugeek: find today, that I don't think I've seen mentioned on the forum before?
We're all familiar with the problem grind when selecting 5th gear on some lude boxes (seems to particularly affect the M2B4).

Honda knew and there was a Technical Service Bulletin issued to dealers - TSB 95-057 (covering 1994-97 Accord and 1992-97 Prelude).

"Probable cause - The fifth gear fork was not manufactured properly, causing misalignment"
The repair procedure was "Replace the fifth gear fork, sleeve set, and mainshaft gear with the parts listed under PARTS INFORMATION"
"Warranty claim information - In Warranty: the normal warranty applies. Out of Warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work".

This was then superceded by Service Bulletin 01-070, which added extra vehicles (1994-00 Accord and 1992-01 Prelude)

Anyone fancy trying a claim at their local dealer? :lol:

(My bb4 does need doing, tbf)

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:55 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:52 pm
Anyone fancy trying a claim at their local dealer?
:lol:

My M2F5 gearbox developed 5th gear grind and I had to get the synchro's replaced.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Return to “Engine / GearBox”