Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Exhaust manifold and downpipe H22A5

Got some things for sale? Put them in this section
jdeale84
My Generation: 5G

Exhaust manifold and downpipe H22A5

Post by jdeale84 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:38 pm

Hi all, so I replaced my manifold and downpipe recently but didn't want the old one to go to waste. I'm not sure what the milage on them are but probably at least over 100k if not 176k if they're from factory. They're in okay condition, no holes or weak bits. The only things is one of the three bolts connecting the downpipe and manifold is stripped. I was planning on replacing these bits soon anyway so this gave me an excuse to do it. You could fix this with a tap and die, but I personally think a better idea would be to put coils over them with the strongest threadlocker you can find and then that's equivalent to a new bolt so you would only need to buy a matching nut. In between finding out mine was stripped and getting the new exhaust I used exhaust paste which is a good temporary fix. Ignore the old gasket in the pictures, its my old one but I wouldn't recommend using it. I'll also throw in some gasket material (only enough to make one for the connecting bit from the manifold to the downpipe) and exhaust paste for the inconvenience of the stripped bolt. Looking for £80 or best offer please and thank you :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jdeale84 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Exhaust manifold and downpipe

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:20 pm

Worth confirming which engine this is off, in the listing - the H22A8 has a different length down pipe to the others.

jdeale84
My Generation: 5G

Exhaust manifold and downpipe

Post by jdeale84 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:11 pm

My bad! This is off a 1998 5th gen H22A5 engine

Return to “Parts for sale”