Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5G OEM Sat-Nav system

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
gordonlear
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: gordielear

Post by gordonlear » Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 pm

honda-hardy wrote:Gordon, if you want ill drive over to you and pick it up. Give me the unit. I'll get one of our engineering department to cast an eye over it. Then I'll give it to nitin if it works. Sort of a favour for a favour thing. I got you your screen. Changed auto box. You give me screen and I fix it. Give to nitin and I get lots of love from nitin.
@nitin @honda-hardy
I will dig it out. It's in the garage loft somewhere. Hardy can meet my newest addition as well.

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Tue May 20, 2014 10:00 pm

yeah, sounds great gord, babylear visiting. it will have to be next weekend as im on call for work this week and weekend, so am not able to be more than half an hour away.

@nitin_s1

gordonlear
LotM Winner

Post by gordonlear » Sat May 24, 2014 8:32 am

honda-hardy wrote:yeah, sounds great gord, babylear visiting. it will have to be next weekend as im on call for work this week and weekend, so am not able to be more than half an hour away.

@nitin_s1
no problem. I will dig it out this weekend and see you next weekend. We can sort out a day and time nearer the weekend.

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Sat May 24, 2014 10:43 am

Your a gent.

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:30 am

Just to update this thread for future references :arrow: (Copy and paste from another thread)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally after nearly 3 years of ownership, I’ve managed to source and get my Sat-nav working.

The bad bits about having this -

- You can’t really use the Satellite functions as the frequencies are different to the ones that work here.
- The screen always stays on - Battery always being used?
- The Custom Rear Strut brace (Cebul’s group buy) comes in the way of the rear Sat-nav unit meaning it has had to be left floating around int he back.

Now for the good bits -
- The heater controls are fully working meaning I can have the fan on at any position I want
- It’s touch screen meaning its super cool in an old car.
- Something really rare in the car that only few have, that’s got to be worth a few JDM points.

Finally a pictures of it in the car and turned ON. :arrow:

I've put the OEM radio/cassette player in the car for some extra JDM points! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The speakers work more better then before, maybe the Acoustic feedback system is now working as I have put the OEM Radio back in the car :?: :?:

But I would like to get a better aftermarket stereo in there as the OEM one doesn't have CD/aux input. :cry:

Gordon, did you manage to get an aftermarket one and still have the heater functions on the car?? :arrow:

While I was installing the Sat nav unit box in the back, I noticed that the one that I got from the donor is different from the one that was originally in the car. They both work but my one has an extra green harness/plug at the back :idea: :?

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:53 am

Do you think a Satellite CD from a UK car (such as a CRV or something) would work on the sat nav unit?? :twisted: :?

gordonlear
LotM Winner

Post by gordonlear » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:18 pm

If you don't have the screen on heater mode it should turn off. Changing the head unit will not affect the screen. I got my reversing camera wired to my screen as well as my jvc Avx2.
Not sure about the UK cdrom.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Claire (@farlow's Mrs) has done some looking into trying to get the sat-nav in her jdm Accord working I think (but unfortunately without success yet).
Not sure what has been ruled out?
@Sir Si might have looked into it when he had his 5th gen, too???

farlow
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Claire had honda dealer technical services look in to this issue and they said that as far as they are aware there is no way to run uk maps on a jdm sat nav.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:05 pm

probably because it will be programmed to look for specific satellites if you get a uk nav unit it may work
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”