Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Jdm Headlight adjustment

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Prelude danny
My Generation: 4G

Jdm Headlight adjustment

Post by Prelude danny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:01 pm

I've installed a hid kit on my jdm prelude

I'm wanting to adjust the lights to a lower level as I'm getting flashed by everyone
I've looked at the manual and mentions how to do it
I've been adjusting the passenger side light for 3 mins and still doesn't seem to have moved, am I adjusting the right one?

Pic of manual:

the adjustment screw I've been turning

Before adjustment

After adjustment

Any advice is greatful

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:11 pm

Tbh - you're always going to get flashed putting HID's in normal headlights. There's no cut-off on your beam so the light is splashing everywhere.

What you have is on the left, what you should have is on the right.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Prelude danny

Re: Jdm Headlight adjustment

Post by Prelude danny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:23 pm

There's a bit of condensation in the left Headlight too, the Headlights could do with a refurb, should I get rid of the hid kit and just get brighter bulbs instead

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:25 pm

That would be my choice, but be aware the hid kit will always be 'brighter' but you'll also always be getting folks flashing you. It's all down to the way the bulbs emit the light.

I'd grab something like a a set of OSRAM Nightbreakers if you're sticking with the stock headlights.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Prelude danny

Post by Prelude danny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:31 pm

indigolemon wrote:That would be my choice, but be aware the hid kit will always be 'brighter' but you'll also always be getting folks flashing you. It's all down to the way the bulbs emit the light.

I'd grab something like a a set of OSRAM Nightbreakers if you're sticking with the stock headlights.
Yes Im keeping the Headlights
I'll take a look at the bulbs you said, I did think bout the projector headlights but too much effort for me lol

Prelude danny

Post by Prelude danny » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Just took more pics, this is when lights are on dipped
Main beam Image

And full beam

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:29 am

You can adjust all you like, it will make no difference with the hid's, they just don't have the dipped beam deflector built in that the halogens have, so will spill light everywhere.

Fyi, the middle pic is called dipped beam, the bottom pic is main (or full) beam.

Prelude danny

Post by Prelude danny » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:46 pm

wurlycorner wrote:You can adjust all you like, it will make no difference with the hid's, they just don't have the dipped beam deflector built in that the halogens have, so will spill light everywhere.

Fyi, the middle pic is called dipped beam, the bottom pic is main (or full) beam.
Ah, ok thanks for letting me no

Cutz
XBOX GamerTag: Masta Cutz

Post by Cutz » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:18 am

Really you need to install projector "orbs" into the headlights to have decent light and not get flashed.

I've installed the full HID projector setup into my EK9 civic headlights (from theretrofitsource.com) the setup is fantastic, light output is amazing on 6k bulbs and I've NEVER been flashed as they are aligned perfectly.

The light scatter in standard headlights with HIDs is just all wrong. Only way is projector orbs and don't but cheap ones!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Matt
Civic Type-22
Red-R Performance
http://www.red-r-performance.com

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”