Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

what are the best speakers to fit in a 4th gen

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
firstlude
My Generation: 4G

what are the best speakers to fit in a 4th gen

Post by firstlude » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:01 pm

the audio system in my lude is very poor so i was wondering what peeps have done to improve their own , i am very into my dance/clubland type of music so i really wont to have the bass so will be adding a sub will be a run of the mill sub box for now but will look into making a more custom enclosure at a later date , as i am going to be replacing my full interior very soon i will take this opportunity to run any cables while its all out
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Tusker

Post by Tusker » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:04 am

I fitted FLI all round, still very happy with them 2 years later.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 am

I've used infinity and focal components in the front of mine (infinity kappa in the green ukdm and focal in the JDM bb1 and bb4).
Both are great but the focals are best.
On a 4g it's pretty important the add sound deadening to be honest though. You need cld tiles on the front door outer skins as a minimum, cause they are such a big, undamped panel. They also need closed cell foam on the inside skin.

After doing that, you will probably start chasing panel vibration round the rest of the car (roof, rear quarters, boot etc) but front doors in the best place to start.

You don't need to cover all of the panel with cld tiles BTW, despite what marketing gumpf might say.

Sounddeadenershowdown.com is a good site for info (and products, albeit there is no UK importer, so you have to pay import duty on them).

K30DPC
LotM Winner

Post by K30DPC » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:27 am

what is your budget?

this is my spec
- Alpine IVE-W530BT - 2din head unit
- Alpine PXA-H800 + RUX-C800 - sound processor
- Alpine TUE-T150DV - tuner DVB
- Alpine HCE-C305R - rear view camera system
- Alpine RUE-4191 - remote controller
- DLS A6 monoblock amplifier
- DLS A4 4ch amplifier
- DLS R6A front component speakers
- VIBE SLR EVO S12 subwoofer
I still wanna change sub. I'm planning 2x8inch sundown woofers in bassreflex box. I should be able to use A6 amplifier then.

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:55 pm

I would suggest the 4th Gen Gathers DSP :)
Might take some time to get the parts (if you can find them) but its a cracking sound from it and looks very cool in an OEM way ;)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:05 pm

i have a jvc kw xr811 double din just because it was a bargain normally i would choose either a kenwood or alpine and from doing some checking in the boot i see i already have some rear alpine speakers will check the fronts when i swap my door cards over , do you guys have the speaker model numbers so i can look into which i prefer , i wouldnt say i have a big big budget but i wont be buying cheap thats for sure , amps i am ok for got some old school kenwoods i keep moving from car to car over the years
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Can't recall the model numbers, but not really relevant anyway tbf, because they are old models.

These are probably the current equivalent infinity http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/infinit ... components

And these the equivalent focal http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/focal-p ... ker-system

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”