Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Brake lamp relay ?? For 3G

To clarify - that's In Car Entertainment - not frozen water
Nickyhonda
My Generation: 3G

Brake lamp relay ?? For 3G

Post by Nickyhonda » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:56 am

Hey guy's so lastnight on the way back home my hand brake & brake lamp light came on so thinking i had a brake light out as i came home i checked as you do, to find that both brake lights were still working so after a little research iv found my brake lamp relay has gone :(

Could anybody point me in the right direction or link me to any links where i could buy a new repay or get the old one repaired?? I will be very greatful :)

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Sorry to ask silly questions, but have you checked the brake fluid level is correct? If the relay was the issue I'd not expect you to have any brakelights at all? Also, you didn't fit LED bulbs perchance? If they don't have ballast they make the old check circuits think the bulb is dead.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Nickyhonda

Post by Nickyhonda » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:42 pm

indigolemon wrote:Sorry to ask silly questions, but have you checked the brake fluid level is correct? If the relay was the issue I'd not expect you to have any brakelights at all? Also, you didn't fit LED bulbs perchance? If they don't have ballast they make the old check circuits think the bulb is dead.
All bubles are working rear lights and brake lights i haven't changed anything to LED either, when i start the car up all dash lights are off as normal but as soon as i hit the brake, that's when my dash lights for hand brake and brake lamp come on and stay on ? I haven't yet checked my brake fluid levels to be honest ill so i will go have a little look to see if everything is correct with that :)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Yep, sounds just like low brake fluid

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Or an ALB fault
:thumbdown:

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:55 pm

my money is on the dash cluster as when i had this sameish problems thats what cured mine not sure how similar the 3rd and 4th gen systems are though :?
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Nickyhonda

Post by Nickyhonda » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:20 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Yep, sounds just like low brake fluid
Brake fluid all checked and it's full to the top nowhere near low :/ checked all wiring around the brake fuild pump everything seems in place nothing seems out of place or torn!

Samiya85
My Generation: 5G

Re: Brake lamp relay ?? For 3G

Post by Samiya85 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:43 pm

I try this
change all your bulbs at the rear with some new ones although they seem to work ok
Worked a treat for me when I had the same brake lamp problem

Nickyhonda

Post by Nickyhonda » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:57 am

Samiya85 wrote:I try this
change all your bulbs at the rear with some new ones although they seem to work ok
Worked a treat for me when I had the same brake lamp problem
Thanks dude i will give this a try :)

Nickyhonda

Post by Nickyhonda » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:27 pm

Problem fixed thank you all for the input it was so simple all down to a damn faulty buble light lol

Return to “Electrical / Lights / ICE”