Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Wax

Oooooo .... shiny!
Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:59 am

Ah the Fusso fanboys!

I'm loving Britemax Vantage at the moment, lovely to use, especially when coupled with Britemax Blackmax used as a filling glaze.

I also had some great results with the Glare System too, excellent filling abilities and a semi permanent (oxymoron) finish.

Top it off after each wash with some Sonax BSD mixed with your QD of choice (Power Maxed QD or Chemical Guys V7 are my choice) and you'll have beading to die for.

JLB
My Generation: 5G

Re: Wax

Post by JLB » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:26 pm

Lots to look at cheers all!

I like the idea of a small pot to try first like with the dodo juice.

I usually start with some snow foam, can't remember the brand. Then I've been favouring Zymol auto wash with a microfibres mitt, using the two bucket method. Usually followed by some clay bar action and then the Zymol cleaner wax. I've always been a fan of Wonder Wheels. Followed by a coat of wax on the wheels. Again can't remember brand but it smells like bubblegum. Also use a Smartwax product to dress the tyres and Autosol for any metal polishing.

I'd love to try one of the Zymol waxes but they're so expensive! I like the fact that there products are made with just natural ingredients and don't give me a headache if I spend the day cleaning one of my cars.

mart609
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:02 am

Gayno wrote: so there is no "best" wax :lol:
Except for Fusso :lol:

Tbh I had my car detailed last year and whatever the guy used on it had amazing beading that lasted for ages.
All I remembered was that the tub had japanese writing on it. After some researching I figured out it was Fusso.
So it's not from other peoples opinions or reccomendations.

So far its the best wax I've used.

Confused

Post by Confused » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:15 am

JLB wrote:I usually start with some snow foam, can't remember the brand. Then I've been favouring Zymol auto wash with a microfibres mitt, using the two bucket method. Usually followed by some clay bar action and then the Zymol cleaner wax.
The clay bar and cleaner wax are designed to strip protection from the paint - if you're using these every time you wash, then you're leaving your paint with no protection between washes! (Unless I've read it wrong!)

JLB

Re: Wax

Post by JLB » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Confused wrote:
JLB wrote:I usually start with some snow foam, can't remember the brand. Then I've been favouring Zymol auto wash with a microfibres mitt, using the two bucket method. Usually followed by some clay bar action and then the Zymol cleaner wax.
The clay bar and cleaner wax are designed to strip protection from the paint - if you're using these every time you wash, then you're leaving your paint with no protection between washes! (Unless I've read it wrong!)
I'm not doing this every time I wash there aren't enough hours in the day. Usually 3 or 4 times a year. As we are getting into spring and I've just purchased a new daily driver it's time to spend a day on each car to keep them locking good. Hence the need for some new wax to protect them when I've finished.

Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:19 pm

I wouldn't clay more than once than year and only if followed up by a light machine polish.

Maintenance washes followed by QD for the rest of the year with the occasional wax/sealant top up.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:47 am

I don't wax, it's too painful. Veet, everytime :rock:

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:23 pm

wurlycorner wrote:I don't wax, it's too painful. Veet, everytime :rock:
dont get it on your nads :lol: i saw a review on amazon :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:17 pm

:lol:
Yep, I remember that one now!
:lol:

Return to “Body Work / Detailing”