Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

URGENT A20A4 distributor needed!

Looking for something? Ask here
becca
My Generation: 3G

URGENT A20A4 distributor needed!

Post by becca » Fri May 16, 2014 1:02 pm

I believe 2 or 3g preludes were also fitted with these, it's the injected 2ltr 12v model.

Ours in the spare pretty much just exploded on me as I was driving home and I can't seem to find one for love nor money, it's our only legal car between us right now so need it pretty sharpish - if anyone knows of any, or any in a breakers please let me know!

I've left the car with Bruce at the moment at his work as it was closer than mine, so I don't have any photos, or a part number, unfortunately. Will update if I get them, he said he can't find anything cast on it.

I've read a few conflicting forum posts about whether the B20 (3G lude, A7 I think it is?) would fit on the A20A4, if anyone has any more info on that too it'd be much appreciated! I have no idea, but I'd have assumed it wouldn't work.

We're Sandy, Beds, so closer the better but can wait for post I guess :(

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri May 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Is there a type code on the distributor? That might help confirm whether a B20A7 distributor will fit.
@flashman might have one on his breaker?

becca

Post by becca » Fri May 16, 2014 1:20 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Is there a type code on the distributor? That might help confirm whether a B20A7 distributor will fit.
@Flashman might have one on his breaker?
Yeah well apparently there should be, it's with Bruce right now and he's had a quick look on his tea break but can't find anything he said he'd have a better look on lunch.

But I believe it to be one of these but would have to confirm TD-01N, TD-06N, TD-07N, TD-09N

If this ebay post is anything to go by: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/84-85-86-87-H ... 56438333fa

Shame it's in the US... :roll:

I read somewhere you can use the B20 distributor with the B20 ECU also fitted but I don't know WHICH B20 it was talking about or whether it's right or not... and I can't find the forum or post I saw it on now :lol:

If the B20A7 one fits then there's one in a local scrapyard that we could get this weekend which would be great but no idea!

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri May 16, 2014 5:34 pm

@crazy_c @nafemannathan

Flashman
XBOX GamerTag: Eternal Shard

Post by Flashman » Fri May 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Just taken mine out of the b20a7 ive got here, its got a TD-02P. Different years may have different ones.

Crazy_C

Post by Crazy_C » Fri May 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Seen this on Facebook. I have a spare dizzy somewhere, but I'm away from home at the moment n no idea where abouts it is. I replaced my dizzy not long after I got the car a couple of years ago, but I just got one from a local motor factors they ordered it in for me. Got it next day. Try ringing your local motor factors n see what they can order in.

I don't believe the B20 dizzy will fit the A20 engine due to different construction of engines. The A series Honda engines are pretty unique.
4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri May 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Becca had PM'd me, but sadly I don't have one.

becca

Post by becca » Sat May 17, 2014 10:12 am

Managed to source one guys!!!

Bruce works in a bodyshop / workshop where they do insurance work - and he rang everywhere and nobody has the part or can even order it in, madness! There are dizzy caps everywhere but nobody sells the whole unit.

In the end, I found a rear light on ebay - noticed the seller had 'breakers' in their name and Bruce dropped him a call to see if by chance he had the rest of the car. He basically said the car was long gone and any parts they had should be listed on ebay... Well he then passed over to another guy who remembered they had the dizzy somewhere and it's being posted next day delivery on Monday so we'll have it Tuesday! :D

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat May 17, 2014 10:28 am

Phew! :D

Crazy_C

Post by Crazy_C » Sat May 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Glad that crisis is averted.

Though would have been a good excuse for a B series conversion! :lol:
4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

Return to “Wanted”