Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Robs 2g BA1 prelude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
4thgenphil
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:53 am

Have ypu got centre caps for those wheels? If not let me know ill see if my buddy still has his mould from when he made carbon centre caps, I'm sure he'll make you a set for some silver across his palm.
:thumbdown:

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:37 pm

That clutch DEFINITELY looks like misalignment failure to me... I know I keep banging on about it, :lol: but... Have you got all the bolts and stiffeners in this time round? :D

Good to see the love is still there for the car, absolutely hats off to you :hail:

Absolutely hate the oil cooler myself :puke: but your car, so your choice :D

ATR84
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 pm

I don't think I have ever seen a 2g in the flesh, I really like it, great work :!:

jjmartin349571
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: jjm349571

Post by jjmartin349571 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:04 pm

I like external oil coolers 8-) I'd be worried about potential mishaps though :?

Rob_Cool1
My Generation: 2G
XBOX GamerTag: xoX IceCool Xox

Re: Robs 2g BA1 prelude

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:58 pm

No don't have caps for them unfortunately, but with my wheel bolts they won't fit :( would be nice to see if I could get some though :P

Yeah I'm still not convinced its gearbox misalignment, all the dowels align up perfectly and I have everything bolted now after I was missing the 2 bolts. The cables a lot more slack now hopefully that'll cure it, I'm sure that's what it was haha.

Yeah I can tell the oil coolers not to everyone's taste, well see when it's completely finished haha, I probably won't connect the hoses just inxase something hits it :lol:

Well it'll be done in the next couple of months so Il be going to loads of shows this year :D If anything, all these problems has given me a lot more motivation to get it right and working well, gana keep this car for a long time so I wana make sure it's the best it can be :D

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Just checked he still has the mould for them. ;)
:thumbdown:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Rob_Cool1 wrote:Well it'll be done in the next couple of months so Il be going to loads of shows this year :D
Get your name down for Japfest then! ;-)

Rob_Cool1

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:29 am

4thgenphil wrote:Just checked he still has the mould for them. ;)
How much did he want for a set? I know the 15-16's are different from the 17-18's so hopefully he has the right size ones haha

I'd have to get new wheel bolts but that'll be okay I'd live to have the caps, will need those anodized or something to match the centres haha

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:14 pm

Loving those wheels. 8-) and the external oil cooler

Rob_Cool1

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:09 pm

wow its been a lonnngggg timee!!!

With work and everything this year ive been very busy! However Ella is now back on the road :D :D

I'm very happy with the results, i still have the seat to put in which is getting a full retrim and a Takata harness my gf got me for my bday :twisted:

progress was slow since i last messaged on here, the wheels took months to get done but im so happy with them, the period (ish) styling really suits it i think! So much grief i had with these, couldn't get valves as there the smaller 6mm ones, and the ones i did find are shocking and had to rethread them all!

The oil cooler has since moved from the last pic i put up of it, the hoses aren't connected though as they dont reach the oil filter housing haha :lol: also have an import plate which looks cool :)
The new clutch is soo good! Although hard work when your in traffic but it doesnt bother me too much, lots of small mechanical bits have been done, cambelt is the next job which is on order so that'll be done on the weekend :)
Need to find another gearbox too, occasionally jumps out of 5th so i think the synchro's gone, this is gana be so much fun hunting for one of these haha!

It passed its mot with no advisories too!!! Theres some rust which needs to get sorted around the rear window and sunroof as thats got worse but im going to have to save up for that, i can get my mate whos a welder to help with alot but i don't know how bad it is :(

I'l get some engine bay ones on the weekend but here's a few pics of it, i hope you all like it. i feel a sense of accomplishment having it back on the road after all the works thats gone into it!

Enjoy :)

Return to “Lude Profiles”