Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Robs 2g BA1 prelude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:37 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
mercutio wrote:cos if you use it on the road you will have to have a flag lol
Like when you were a teenager you mean?
Nominating that quip for POTM!

Rob_Cool1
My Generation: 2G
XBOX GamerTag: xoX IceCool Xox

Re: Robs 2g BA2 prelude

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:51 pm

Right the list of parts im going to save up for is near enough done :D

Clutch kit - hopefully competition clutch make a kit for it lol

New radiator, mine has a small crack which has been fixed with radweld so i kinda need to replace that :lol:

R32 skyline gtr sideskirts, theres not much different in size to the car which is good (I basically want it to look lower on the side of the car aswell as the front so these are quite subtle and will make it look really low haha)

some Ultralite UL10, 16 x 8j front 9j rear ET10, which should give me a half decent fit when the rear arches are rolled out too lol.
I need to measure the rear up first though before i go ahead with 9j wheels, the rotas on atm are about a cm away from the coilovers but they have quite a high offset at ET40.
so am i right thinking that ET40 means its 40mm in front of the centre line of the wheel?
if thats right then that means that theres 12.9cm of wheel behind where the wheel goes onto the hub?
which after a few calculations means that the 9j wheels has only 12.4 cm of wheel behind the hub face? so it should be okay lol.
Please correct me if im wrong im useless with offsets haha

I'm still considering neons but its a tough decision to make, aswell as the boso style exhaust, i'd love to have one, but i duno whether il get fed up, and that will involve cutting it apart as the whole thing to the centre box has been welded so will be so much hassle sorting that lol.

Im going to try and carefully remove the rear spoiler without ruining the rusty bolts holding it down and see if i get a ducktail made by someone, il probably leave it as it is, but see how much someone will do it for as i think that will look pretty good lol.

All in all there's a lot of work, so as i need to save quite a bit, she wont be back on the road realistically until January, im going to need to save around 1-1.2K, which as i can do as much overtime at my new job should take me till Christmas to get most the funds ready to do it all in one hit :D cant wait though and in all fairness its probably what she needs a rest while i do everything properly and at once haha.

Il be doing bits in the mean time like, finally sorting the non working headlight out and tidying the engine bay wiring up properly, il probably get the rocker cover repainted properly so that looks better, sort the crack in the front grill and so on lol, sort all the lil bits out :P

Oh yeah im going to draw up and get my dads builder mate to make me a custom twin sub box ;) it in a 3 curved sections, one sub either side pointing in, 4 channel amp and capacitor etc in the middle :D when ive drawn it up il put it on here lol.

Anyway im sure il be on here with questions, been busy with a lot of college work and writeups for my apprenticeship so itll be mainly on weekends lol.

cheers everyone for all your help :)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:11 am

Well done for sticking with and not throwing in the towel 8-) :hail:

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:02 pm

ambitious plans, well done for sticking with it.

Rob_Cool1

Re: Robs 2g BA1 prelude

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Started on her today, managed to get the rad off, sort some wiring out and find some bits too :lol:

To make life so much easier i took the bonnet off, knowing how easy it is to do now i think any job now il take it off there a lot more space to move around haha :lol:

First job was to sort the headlight out, i took the motor off and took it apart, nothing seemed to be wrong and when i tested it after the motor span absolutely fine. So i checked the plug with the battery on, the NS one had power but the broken one had nothing going to it. Knowing now its wiring i dont really know what to do, i took the dash apart to see if anything had been unplugged or was loose but it was okay. the plug pretty much straight away goes into the main loom so i dont really know where to start.

when the dash was apart i did find something really weird haha, my fog light switch never had anything plugged in so the lights never worked (somehow got passed it's MOT like that ;) ) but when it was apart i found tucked away a switch wired up to the old fog light wiring :L tested and it works fine so i have no idea why it was tucked away like that :S

The old broken radiators out too :) had to be careful taking the top hose off cos the weld almost snapped, only half of it was still attached the the rad lol

Right thats day one complete :) paydays next week so some parts will be bought :P

Also sorted a clutch too :D called CG Motorsport as no one else could make me one, they looked up all the specs and said they could give me 2 options. A paddle track day clutch or a duel friction kit which one half is paddle and the other half normal strengthened material, so im going to go with the Duel Friction one which is £240, can handle about 40% extra power than standard and when i set up the clutch cable up properly this time should all be okay haha.

More updates soon :)
Rob

Rob_Cool1

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Been quite while since i was last on here properly.

Been so busy with work ive been non stop....... but i have quite a lot of progress with the lude :D Finally!!!

I have been buying a lot of stuff, wheels, clutches, rads, oil cooler, loads of bit and bobs which il go into :D still a bit to go but in the long shot there not massive jobs just finding time on the weekends to do it :D

to start with, i found some wheels, from japan too, theres a company on facebook called OPJP, cant rate them enough, if thheres wheels you want or a car imported then i'd go to them, they can import some insane cars for a fraction of the price you can get them here :P
But yeah well here they are, 93' Volk Racing Group C 3 piece wheels, 16x7j + 8J, won them for a mear £100, plus shipping which was like £300 :L but i was like a kid when they turned up at work :D

The wheels are now all in pieces, the lips and barrels are with my mate getting cleaned up and polished and the centres are with me, ive sand blasted all the paint off (was a nightmare!!!!) and now their off to get anodized gold 8-) cant wait for them to be done !!! :twisted:

Anyway back to the car, shes now in my nans garage because she leaks in the boot pretty bad atm :( but shes warm now haha, i started by taking the injectors off to get cleaned and generally tidy the bay and other bits off, i took the spoiler off and there's 28 years of grime underneath haha :lol: also fitted the gear knob too, looks insane :lol: its sticks up so much hopefully it weight doesnt pull itself out of gear haha!

I have also been buying bits 8-) :D
this includes an alley rad for an integra, looks great but i underestimated its size and it only just about fits :lol: might need a bit of modification but it'll look mint :D

I also bought an oil cooler, which im going to hang off the bumper with the hoses drooping down 8-) its not connected yet as the hoses were too short but i dont know if i want too incase something hits it and oil goes all over the place lol.

I also bought a new clutch, CG Motorsport were the only company that could make me one, its a duel friction so half normal friction material and the other side is 5 paddle, with no springs either hopefully it will cope well haha, i know i had the clutch cable too tight but the build quality looks much much stronger than the exedy one. The exedy one, the 2 parts were held together by 4 rivets, whereas the CG clutch has 12 that holds it together :P cant wait to try it out haha!!
Changed the clutch last weekend and i made a real good mess of this one :lol: didnt help that i had to try drive it broken to get it parked to the side of the road lol

My latest purchase i couldnt believe i managed to get it so cheap, was a cobra carbon kevlar bucket seat, which i picked up for a grand total of £55!!! needs one small bit stitched up but its pretty decent condition, im going to get rid of some of the heat pressed logo, as it was originally sold by mini spares so thats gota go, and im probably going to get some of it stitched in suede :P
Got some of the bits to start wiring up my headlights to independent switches, may need a diagram to help but i have a pretty good idea how im gana do it lol, and another LED block gauge to go with my volt gauge, measures the air temp in the air intake #necessities :lol:

Yeah made a decent effort on that :lol:

Thats pretty much it for now until the next time i have some free time haha :P

But progress is going strong, had a good idea how to achieve rear camber, but i need to speak to my mates see if it'll be safe enough but i cant see why not. As everything is fixed on the rear, my idea was too:
Take the lower arms off from the centre part of the chassis, the nut the bolt goes through is welded to the chassis....
If i cut the nut off, using a dremel and a couple of bits ive got from work, widen the hole 5mm (approx) outwards and bolt the lower arm back together but pushing it out, then take it to get it tracked up get the camber even and then weld the nut back to the chassis.
To me it works but yeah whats your opinions? i need the camber for the rear wheels to fit :lol:

More updates to soon follow XD

Rob

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Wheels are nice but surely they won't fit being 4x114.3.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Some nice work going on here Rob. Good to see you've not lost heart with it :)

Not sure on the oil cooler idea. Probably going to be a lot of haters on here. I don't hate the idea, but I don't like the idea of how exposed it is :?

Very nice buy on the seat 8) How comfy is it on long drives though? :lol:

Your theory on the rear camber works, but you're not going to bring the tops of the wheels in if that's what you need to do. You'll just push out the bottoms.

Rob_Cool1

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:Wheels are nice but surely they won't fit being 4x114.3.
I have all this sorted :P 1" hub adaptors, need an inch just for the clearance on the rear shocks :L so instead of being ET +38 all round itll be like ET +13 ish :P

Yeah the oil cooler is something I've always wanted to do with it as i think it suits the older jap cars, well i sit in it in my room watching tv but im not too sure yet it seems comfy enough atm :lol:

i was thinking about that, I'm rolling the arches out anyway, but i wanted them to stick out with camber, if i modify the shock towers somehow (will require alot of cutting and welding) then the tops will go in and not the bottom which will give me tthe clearance but not the poke i want :/ oh so many choices haha!

Rob_Cool1

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:11 pm

NafemanNathan wrote: but I don't like the idea of how exposed it is :?
when ive mounted it properly it'll be a lot higher from the floor haha, it's quite close atm lol

Also i forgot to say, im getting a new set of tires for it too, instead of 195/45/16's im going for 195/40/16's for slightly better looking (but not mad) stretch and slightly more lows :lol: will fit in the rear arch a lot nicer too :)

Return to “Lude Profiles”