Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

S Spec Prelude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:52 pm

:rock:

Aaron14P
My Generation: 5G

Re: S Spec Prelude *updated with pictures*

Post by Aaron14P » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Can anyone tell me where to find the paint code for my lude? Ive looked on google but the thing just inside the door is japanese and believe it or not i cant read japanese :lol:.

I tried uploading the photo but not sure how to now photobucket are being w*nkers :|

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Passenger door right?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:13 pm

I did have a lengthy list of useful links written out but because the internet and my browser decided to both be utterly jobby and unusable all of a sudden... That all got lost :roll: :evil:
If it's on the door jam but is in Japanese, I think that's most likely an old service sticker. Paint codes are always in English ime.
According to [urlhttp://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/body-work/wher ... 19698.html]this thread[/url] the paint code on a 5g is also on a vin sticker under the bonnet.

Some paint codes here;
http://www.hondareference.com/prelude
And here;
http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/5th-ge ... es-226661/
Neither of those lists are fully comprehensive though, since the yanks didn't get the full choice of edm/jdm colours by the looks.

Aaron14P

Post by Aaron14P » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:02 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:Passenger door right?
wurlycorner wrote:I did have a lengthy list of useful links written out but because the internet and my browser decided to both be utterly jobby and unusable all of a sudden... That all got lost :roll: :evil:
If it's on the door jam but is in Japanese, I think that's most likely an old service sticker. Paint codes are always in English ime.
According to [urlhttp://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/body-work/wher ... 19698.html]this thread[/url] the paint code on a 5g is also on a vin sticker under the bonnet.

Some paint codes here;
http://www.hondareference.com/prelude
And here;
http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/5th-ge ... es-226661/
Neither of those lists are fully comprehensive though, since the yanks didn't get the full choice of edm/jdm colours by the looks.
Thank you!! Turns out i was looking inside the wrong door :lol:

The colour is b92p

Just searching for a replacement bonnet - was going to get it resprayed along with other parts of the bodywork but some of the existing stone chips appear to have surface rust so id rather replace it !!

Thanks for the info guys! :D

Aaron14P

Post by Aaron14P » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:49 pm

update -

The Lude passed its MOT today with only 1 minor advisory :D

I also think most of the polybush's have been fitted. I Need to phone the garage Monday for a final update, I know they were having a few problems with seized bolts as I phoned them yesterday however the MOT was done today so I assume they managed to fit the rest prior to doing the MOT!

:D

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Almost finally fully poly-bushed! :D :lol:

Aaron14P

Post by Aaron14P » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:00 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:Almost finally fully poly-bushed! :D :lol:
A long time coming :lol: :D

Cannot wait to pick it up! Probably the single biggest job out the way now! Next up will either be the bodywork or exhaust

Undecided as yet!!

Aaron14P

Post by Aaron14P » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 am

The car is now 70% polybushed :lol:

A few of them they didn't want to touch because some of the bolts were so seized they didnt want to take endless hours loosening them and then me end up with an even bigger bill.

So im gonna go back at some point and get all the ball joints / drop links etc changed along with the final bushes.

Steering feels a whole lot tighter now, just need to the tracking/alignment done as its pulling the steering out.

My mate is currently in the process of building his own workshop so when that is complete my car is going to be the christening job :lol: should have the bodywork looking brand new!!

And finally i got a quote for a custom exhaust from longlife in Basingstoke - quoted me £479 which seems petty decent to be fair :)

Aaron14P

Re: S Spec Prelude

Post by Aaron14P » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 am

Post polybush update... Car feels a little more solid but obviously to avoid an even larger bill than it already was they avoided some bushes as certain bolts were too seized etc.

I know I have to get the ARB bushes seperat I know there are two different sizes, I've looked online but can't figure out which size is correct for the s spec.. can anyone please let me know which one it is!!? :D thanks in advance

And also - can warn breaks affect the steering? I know the steering can wobble when discs/pads are worn but can general steering be affect as my steering still seems all over the place even after having most the car polybushed and the 4 wheel alignment done.. struggling to think what else could cause the steering to be so off?

The 4 wheel alignment showed the camber was all over the gaff due to it being on coilovers, could this potentially be causing the steering to be the way it is?

Return to “Lude Profiles”