Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Jay's 3rd Gen Build

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
jay m3
My Generation: 3G

Re: Jay's 3rd Gen Build

Post by jay m3 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Ready!

While it was in the garage, I had the car given a FULL service including the engine & gearbox oil, all filters, belts & pulleys basically everything! No cutting corners with this car.

Just at the nick of time, this pic was taken at 2am on Sunday morning, Mimms Honda Day was at 10am but a 2 hour journey so with hardly any sleep at all, we set off towards Coventry, Stoneleigh Park to be exact. No regrets whatsoever, as we had an amazing day out & she shined like a pearl along with the other Ludes on the stand.

Here's some pics of her on the day:

Love how my Pre Facelift bumper looks & well happy that I done the conversion. Here's my favourite pic of the day:

Last edited by jay m3 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Lude-dude
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Vtec Junky
PSN GamerTag: Rob7niner

Post by Lude-dude » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:33 pm

really like a 3rd gen in red

nice car, looking good

H22a5 UKDM 2.2 VTI 244Bhp 180lbs/ft Crower stage 2
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t3211.html

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:47 pm

That is a lovely quality repair on those arches, great work (and very fast, too!)
:facepalm: I really do need to get the time to finish putting my green one back together :roll: :oops: :cry:

Plus, I need to sort out getting round and swapping that white front bumper with you! :lol:

:think: actually, this weekend is a possible for coming past your door...

jay m3

Post by jay m3 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:37 am

Thanks for the complements. The white car is sold as I had no space for it. The joys of living in London! Luckily, I sold it to a restorer who does the work himself. He plans to fully rebuild the car from engine to body.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Well, if he wants the bumper, let me know! (I've even just found some pics of it :oops: )

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Looks amazing Jay :D

Love the front bumper conversion as well 8-) That's going to confuse some members :P

Greg

Post by Greg » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:38 am

Superb! Looks sharp! How are you finding the coilover suspension? You said the ride on standard shocks and lower springs was unbearable! :lol: I know what you mean, so I was wondering how much better if any the new setup is.

jay m3

Post by jay m3 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:16 am

Greg wrote:Superb! Looks sharp! How are you finding the coilover suspension? You said the ride on standard shocks and lower springs was unbearable! :lol: I know what you mean, so I was wondering how much better if any the new setup is.
To be honest, atm its very firm. Im hoping i can adjust the damper control on the bc coilovers to soften her up a little as I'm a family man & really don't want my kids shaking all over the place!

I'm taking it in to the garage tomorrow to have the ride height adjusted to raise the front a little as it's too low. Will look to see if there is damper control & report back.
Cheers
Jay

Greg

Post by Greg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Jay I think this is a characteristic of these cars, the best set up i had, and even that wasn't great was Tokico Blue Struts and H&R Race springs. My suspension is absolutely shagged I think at least 2 of the shocks are dead so its an ideal time to do some upgrading. The exchange rate is depressing though so I'm hoping I might find a deal on preludepower for sale section :-)

Metalhead

Post by Metalhead » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:06 am

Amazing job and the welding repairs look spot on.! 8-) Can I ask what your respray costs were? I need a similar job doing but might consider not doing it myself if the price is reasonable!
My 3rd Gen SE Manual Restoration and Preservation Project CLICK HERE

Return to “Lude Profiles”