Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Supercharged Mugen Lude (03/06/14 Update!)

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
nucleustylzlude
My Generation: 4G

Re: Supercharged Mugen Lude (03/06/14 Update!)

Post by nucleustylzlude » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:43 pm

nellers2001 wrote:
nucleustylzlude wrote:
nellers2001 wrote:I had a nightmare with the aluminium japspeed rad for my 4th gen a couple years back. Emailed japspeed to tell them they don't fit and they basically said they didn't care as never had a complaint before...I found that very hard to believe but had already modified the mountings on the car with a grinder to make it fit!
Sounds about right, exactly what I need to do is get the grinder out. Heard many people say about the fitment issues but it's still well made and I can't deny the huge capacity of it.
The rad did seem well made. Might be worth sourcing a couple of spare O rings for the drain valve to. Mine starting weeping quitequickly as the rubber perished, maybe old stock? You may have fun with the drain as well as it was next to impossible to get the drain plug out with the rad in situ, and had to lift the rad out to get the bung out due to the sub frame and the extra thickness of the rad.
Good advice thanks, I'll check the drain plug. As for the fitment issue of the front crossmember, no problems:

8)
Drax wrote:
nucleustylzlude wrote: Image
I love it 8-)
ive done similar but used the Nippon battery stabilier, plus cut cut off switch is in the dash.

btw, I may have missed this so apologies, I see your using the Simoniz Engine Enamel as the finish, what are you using for the main engine paint? as I need to stock some for mine too.
cheers
The main engine paint will be the same black Simoniz Engine Enamel as that is the initial purpose of this paint. I've just gone a bit mad everywhere else as its robust and a good finish. :D

I was debating on adding the cut-off at the dash but its not exactly in competition use. Always something I can add later down the line.

Vtecmec wrote:
nucleustylzlude wrote:Vtecmec: Alright, alright you'll get your mount soon.
I've got to drop the old box, fit the flywheel and clutch, then install the ATR box back in its place. I'll see how the jack holds the engine with just the rear and passenger mount, if it looks ok, I'll remove it for you.
:lol: If it helps, I've just had the box off (and back on) with only the rear and passenger mount and a suitably placed jack, and to be honest, gettting the box in an out is a million times easier with the front cross bar removed, it saves you having to twist and contort the gearbox up. If I ever remove the box again, that bar will be off first.
Even more great advice, sounds like a plan! So win, win for both of us!

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:41 pm

great read again rob.
Steady progress being made, look forward to the next.

Doggo
Court Jester
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:48 pm

I don't really understand all this stuff you're bolting to your car but it all looks really cool 8-) . Except your knob sack. That's just horrible.

Nice work. I think.

TopPrelude

Post by TopPrelude » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:57 pm

nucleustylzlude wrote:
Plus, I also went a bit mad measuring up and buying replacement stainless steel nuts, bolts and washer:

Rob
Nice one Rob, looking sweet as.

Since you done all the hard work sizing up the nuts and bolts, any chance of sharing the measurements? Also where did you buy them from?

Cheers :D

Brozilla

Post by Brozilla » Tue May 05, 2015 8:46 am

Damn, this has to be the most thorough subject on a car I have ever seen. Great job.

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Tue May 05, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks for the kind words, means a lot.

I've given the car and this build thread a little neglect recently with kids taking up my time. However, I do have some updates to add, so I'll get writing!

MaccaIRL
XBOX GamerTag: MaccaIRL

Post by MaccaIRL » Tue May 05, 2015 11:17 am

Looks well and itll deffo give a few people a surprise
Lude-behaviour!

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Tue May 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Yeah it'll surprise everyone on here when they see her on the road! :lol:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue May 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Just believe!

Return to “Lude Profiles”