Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

JohnnyB's 'lude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:21 am

that's an excellent price for rear arches, is that an arch replacement job or arch repair?

lude is looking stunning btw 8-)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

JohnnyB

Re: JohnnyB's 'lude

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:27 am

Cheers man, appreciated. It's actually pretty scabby in the flesh but we'll get there :lol:

The price is for arch replacement on both sides, I bought the panels from Cebul on the group buy. The price includes cutting out the old arches and part of the sills at the rear, welding new metal in, filling, priming and painting as well as treating the arches and sills with waxoyl or similar. I'm pretty pleased with it - if it had been much more I would be struggling to justify spending the money on a car that's essentially worthless to anyone other than me :lol:

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:36 pm

That is an extremely good price in that case.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:32 am

It's been a while since I last posted an update, mainly because nothing has changed :lol: I'm still driving her at weekends and the odd trip in to work but April pay day is annual bonus day so I'm hoping to get her in for her surgery by the end of May 8-) I spoke to the chap that's doing the work for me on Friday and he only needs 2 weeks notice so I shall take her over towards the end of the month, get him to check her over and re-quote and book her in :D I'll ask him to quote for flatting back and re-lacquering the sunroof, bonnet and front lip as the carbon has definitely seen better days. Once that's all done I'll get the wheels refurbished and she should look pretty good again, I can't wait 8-) I've also got my eyes peeled for an H22A going cheap as a winter project - quite fancy building her a new engine over the winter months to keep myself busy :lol:

I'll try and get photo's of the arch repair but will probably struggle to get there regularly as I'm pretty snowed under at work for the foreseeable future :roll: We shall see :)

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:39 am

Great to hear still running OK 8-)
Hope to see you and her at a meet sometime?

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:42 am

Yeah I'll have to pull my finger out and get along to one, whats going on this summer? I just looked in the events section and it seems fairly barren :lol:

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:24 am

Good to hear...
Hope to get mine back on the road again one day.

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:29 am

JohnnyB wrote:Yeah I'll have to pull my finger out and get along to one, whats going on this summer? I just looked in the events section and it seems fairly barren :lol:
We're doing all the big shows but nothing else planned ATM I think.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Tue May 17, 2016 1:13 am

Minor update - As usual life gets in the way and I haven't been able to put aside as much as I'd hoped so the rear arches are still a little way off. To cheer myself up I decided to try and make the sunroof work, which has been seized closed for over 5 years :oops: :lol: In the process I decided to take a stab at renovating the carbon sunroof panel which had lost its lacquer over the years and was looking bloody awful. Not many pics of the mechanics as I found the whole sunroof mechanism was knackered so replaced it with one I found on eBay for £50 - result. I took several photos of the sunroof refurb but no before pic so they're all a bit pointless, sorry! :lol: After removing the panel I washed it and then flatted it back with some p800 and some water and washing up liquid. Once done I gave it multiple coats of U-Pol 1k clear coat from a rattle can. The results are far from perfect (I even managed to get a hair trapped in it, now sealed in for prosperity haha) but I'm hoping to flat it back a bit to get a better shine at some point. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the result, it's a massive improvement on how it looked before..!

Bit of a clean before the wet sanding... It looks a lot worse when dry, the laquer had almost completely peeled away...

After wet sanding...

After lacquering...

Closeup...

Re-fitted and fully functional for the first time in over 5 years..!

Since the bonnet and front lip are in the same state I've just ordered lots more lacquer and also some new aero bonnet catches to replace my nasty old rusty ones. As soon as bits start to arrive I'll start work on the bonnet and front lip, hopefully I'll remember to take some before pictures this time though..! 8-)

I'll get the arches done soon, I promise :lol:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue May 17, 2016 9:24 am

Great result bud :)

Return to “Lude Profiles”