Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Ash's GT39 1/2 - updated 6/12/17

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
rob quilter
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Great work and car.

8-)
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

106pete
My Generation: 4G

Post by 106pete » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:47 pm

Ash.Z wrote:
106pete wrote:Another nice collection of bits to fit mate, it's gonna get close if we ever get on track at the same time. Both around the same weight and exactly the same power lol.

Think I'm gonna have ago a stripping the boot and doors, have you done the bonnet skin yet?
I was going to try and find a carbon one. How about Dec at Combe?
You know I don't like a risk of rain! I'll be back out around April/May time, that'll give you chance to get use to the car and me a few more mods ;)
236bhp and 170ft/lb stock :whistle:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Like a lot of what you've done here bud. Quite a few ideas I plan on doing with mine :)

W1ggz
PSN GamerTag: W1GGZ

Ash's GT39 1/2 - updated 2/11/13

Post by W1ggz » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Well I won't be able to keep up with you 2 but I'll be up for a day in December :)
You've got some lovely bits there mate and I like the extra bits you have taken out to save weight. Where did you get your cage done and what kinda price was it as I want one in mine.
By April I hope to be around your figures with some very similar mods already lined up

Ash.Z
Supporter 2014

Re: Ash's GT39 1/2 - updated 2/11/13

Post by Ash.Z » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks guys, I think id have given up ages ago if it was for the great info and help on this forum.
W1ggz wrote:Where did you get your cage done and what kinda price was it as I want one in mine.
It was a firm in Frome called Caged, I seem to recall it cost £1100. If I find out some dates for Dec and get back to you and anybody else who fancies a trip to the track.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Thebusofwoe
Supporter 2014

Post by Thebusofwoe » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:20 pm

This thing is coool in the flesh 8-) 8-) :twisted:
One life, LIVE IT! Get VTEC, LOVE it. Drive a Honda and ENJOY it.

Build thread : http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t7849.html

Ash.Z
Supporter 2014

Re: Ash's GT39 1/2 - updated 2/11/13 - UPDATED 6/12/17

Post by Ash.Z » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Bit of an update.
After continuing with fitting the parts I’d lined up, the car was running running great and started to feel a bit more sorted on track.
Then in Aug 2014 disaster- engine put a rod through the block at about 110mph down Castle Combe start finish straight.

Well that basically stopped me in my tracks and I shelved the whole project for the last 3 years only showing a vague interest now and then. I sourced an engine pretty quick (H22A7) but no real motivation to put it in.

Last year I started renting a massive barn for storage and I moved the car up there. This seemed to rekindle my interest again and I got started last Christmas on removing the engine.

Once the engine was out list of jobs included; ABS pump and lines out, PAS removal, clean and paint engine bay. Overhaul and paint brakes, replace rears with new calipers. I’ve been doing this over the last few months and finally got it ready to have the engine refitted. I sent it to PAW to have the A7 put in and tuned also whilst there to have the balance shaft removed, new baffled sump, brake lines made of to fit to the bias valve. Rich opens up the bottom end and removed the balance shaft replaced bearings and blocked up the relevant bits. Then once running he tested the engine for compression. This was bad news, very poor leak readings.

We decided as we were this far in to attack the head and resolve this issue. Reground valves, new seals

That got the engine running sweet, then onto some other bits, needed a new fuel return line as it was leaking. Rich made one up which seemed like the best option. He also fitted a engine kill switch to comply with regulations.
All finished, collected the car and returned to the yard.
Somebody close by me was breaking a lude, so I had the Rota’s from him, which is great as I already have one set and this will be my set for wet track tyres. I think the white wheels work well with my colour scheme.

So what’s next??
The car is booked into a body shop at the end of Jan for the rear arch panels to be replaced. I’d like to fit a fire extinguisher kit. I recently got the set of Tein coilovers that were for sale on here so need to get them fitted and then geometry set up. I hope to be back on track for early 2018 and maybe start racing at the end of the season. My mate and I also plan to head over to Spa sometime next year for a track day fingers crossed.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Excellent news. Glad it's back together and looking good! 8-)

Drax

Post by Drax » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Great update 8-) still love the racing colours! Is there a spec list of what's on your lude?
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

AeroNotix
My Generation: 5G

Post by AeroNotix » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 pm

A proper rags to riches story for that Lude. Love it!

Return to “Lude Profiles”