Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

DEXTER: 1989 Aerodeck EXi

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:51 pm

OMG! No way?! What happened there? :(
Anything can be fixed mate if you want it enough and I'd say this car was definitely worth it!

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Aww man no way! What happened? I swear these Hondas are cursed.

It's that wing that's going to cause you trouble as believe it or not (providing there's no major damage behind) I've got all those parts... Even the bumper ;)

EDIT: Having said that, I might not have the repeater. I've definitely sold one pair.

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:18 pm

you're a godsend, nafe, make the man happy

Monzta
My Generation: 3G

Re: DEXTER: 1989 Aerodeck EXi

Post by Monzta » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:20 pm

It was caused by an old fart who shouldn't be on the road. The silly old sod just drove down the wrong side the of the road smack bang into the side of me. It was blatantly obvious that he is not fit to be driving as he was so totally unaware of the situation and his surroundings. He even thought it was my fault until I put his straight.

Luckily I have a witness who saw the whole thing so blame shouldn't I hope be an issue. But I can't see the insurance company paying up the necessary readies to fix it. I've just got to wait to see what their engineer has to say about it.

One way or another the car will be repaired. But if the insurance company don't play ball then it may take a very considerable time.

Nathan, I may well take you up on the offer of some parts. I have my silver Deck as a source of bits but I may possibly need some others, not sure what yet.

All in all, a shitty day today. :roll:
1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck EXi (33k miles)
CLICK ON THE BADGE FOR DEXTER'S FACEBOOK FANPAGE Image

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:28 pm

demoralising day, but keep it all in perspective, hope nafe helps you out

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:41 pm

prelude91 wrote:you're a godsend, nafe, make the man happy
I wouldn't go that far mate... Just handy to know would suffice ;) lol

Don't loose faith just yet Glenn. I had a very understanding engineer to come out and inspect my 3rd gen. I kind of felt he was on my side. I got a very reasonable payout for it being written off, as he could see how good a nick it was in, he knew they were rare, and he could see I was passionate about it. All things that apply to you now :)

He would have had them repair it, but there was damage to the rear shock area and I was too demoralised to have them fix it anyway. It wouldn't have been the same. Yours doesn't look too bad. Just make sure that chassis isn't twisted like my Aerodeck was :?

Doggo
Court Jester
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:51 pm

Just crap luck, mate. Hope you can sort it without too much grief.

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:54 pm

nafe, sorry, my phrase was open to interpretation, likewise, when my 3g was rear-ended, the assessor was very understanding, and due to its condition the insurer paid for a new rear bumper and ancilliaries, over 800 quid at the time, probably very close to the cars actual value

Monzta
My Generation: 3G

Re: DEXTER: 1989 Aerodeck EXi

Post by Monzta » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 am

First chance I get I'm going to put the car away in my garage where I can't see it. Might give me a chance to calm down and think rationally.

If no joy with the insurers then I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and have it repaired privately. Hopefully I'll get a decent assessor. My last experience wasn't so good when my EG5 Civic was wrecked. The guy went by the numbers, cut me no slack, made a fairly average offer, wouldn't budge on it and wouldn't let me buy back the wreck. Hopefully better luck this time. I'll fight tooth and nail for the best deal I can though.

Ultimately I need to move away from this crappy town with it's retired drivers in Rovers and yummy mummies in 4x4s banging and bumping their way about town. I know about five people who've had smacks in town in the last few weeks ... it's getting ridiculous. The first time I drove Dexter into town an arrogant cow in a Land Rover came straight at me when I had total right of way. I had to hit the kerb to avoid her and I ground the N/S/F alloy all along the edge of the pavement. Bitch even stared daggers at me as she blew past. Not happy. :evil:
1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck EXi (33k miles)
CLICK ON THE BADGE FOR DEXTER'S FACEBOOK FANPAGE Image

prelude91

Post by prelude91 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:06 am

Oh dear, you're on a bit of a downer, and you haven't mentioned the boys school and associated parents yet!! I remember it well from my selling days, the Sherborne 'set' makes Eton look tame by comparison, they're all wannabees at Sherborne

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”