Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

EK9 Type-H

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
Asacei
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 4G

Re: EK9 Type-H

Post by Asacei » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Coolant filler cap - Managed to find a couple of pictures of this at last, sure I took more but I can’t seem to find them now, oh well. With the radiator mounted so low the top hose is actually quite low in relation to the engine so I had to come up with a way of mounting it up high that didn’t involve running hoses all over the engine bay and still looked nice.

I messed around with inline filler necks while working out that I didn’t like standard hoses and came to the conclusion that there was no way I could make one look nice. In the end I found a motorbike filler neck that had the right orientation of outlets and set about making a mount for it

This all ends up in the inlet to the heater matrix pipe which is a bit unusual, but I can’t actually see a problem with it (the car has now been run up to temperature a few times without issue) so after all the messing about it sits like this…

Feel free to point out any potential problems this might cause :?:

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Wow dude, looks amazing!! Can't wait to see it finished!

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Just don't let anyone lean on that bracket and shear your Vtec solenoid off ;-)

Nice work bud. First time I've seen this thread 8)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:24 pm

More nice fab'ing 8-)
Have you got an expansion tank connected to that? (Can't make out from the pics).
If not, is there a danger of the cap venting straight onto/into the distributor? :?

Asacei
Supporter 2014

Post by Asacei » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:23 am

wurlycorner wrote:More nice fab'ing 8-)
Have you got an expansion tank connected to that? (Can't make out from the pics).
If not, is there a danger of the cap venting straight onto/into the distributor? :?
I dont think there is one attached in the pictures, but yes there is now an expansion tank in place, just hidden away :)

Asacei
Supporter 2014

Post by Asacei » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:29 am

NafemanNathan wrote:Just don't let anyone lean on that bracket and shear your Vtec solenoid off ;-)

Nice work bud. First time I've seen this thread 8)

Good point! :) It is fairly well supported underneath by the pipe running to the head as well but certainly could be an issue....I do virtually everything on the car myself so as long as I'm carefull where I'm leaning should be ok.

Asacei
Supporter 2014

Post by Asacei » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:43 am

Leaping ahead a bit….the body work will need a bit of attention once the mechanical side is all finished and bedded in. There is no rust however it does have the odd ding, paint on the front bumper is far from good etc. One other problem is a small area of thin paint on the driver’s side quarter where/near to where the usual type R sticker would be, sort of looks like it’s been polished too much in one area – maybe in an attempt to remove glue/mark left by original sticker. I quite like the ‘no stickers look’ the car arrived like however In an attempt to hide/distract from this mark for now I got these made up just for fun…not 100% sold on them so may go back 'naked' later :)

Also a reasonable shot showing despite the exhaust being 3” all the way through I went for a pretty subtle look at the back…

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:55 am

:lol:
I like the Type-H badge - nice idea and should confuse a few people! :D
And yep, nice tasteful/subtle exhaust exit there 8-)

Asacei
Supporter 2014

Post by Asacei » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:34 am

Another small update as I’ve managed to sort out some picture of the new fuel lines, pressure regulator, filter etc. going in

New goodies…

Spent ages deciding where to put this:

Ended up with:

Had a bit of an issue with the feed in link to the fuel rail leaking due to a dodgy thread, but managed to source a new standard ATR fuel rail to cure the problem and so far everything has been fine.

All linked up, although has since been tidied up a little further with the addition of a couple of hose separators to neaten up how the lines sit in the bay:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:04 am

Lets have a full engine bay shot yeah? ;-) :D

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”