Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

The Fun Truck

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
Crazy_C
My Generation: 3G

The Fun Truck

Post by Crazy_C » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:35 am

Well I've got another project motor now (sold the Mustang as I just wasn't using it enough to warrant keeping it), and the new motor is............ a Skoda!!!

To be exact, it's a Skoda Felicia Fun, one of the funkiest trucks made!!

Overall not in terrible condition, but it certainly wasn't great. The entire interior was a HazMat danger zone with mould on anything and everything, but after a mate of mine spent a few hours cleaning away, it became safe to enter, and I've been enjoying it.

It had already been lowered (though coilovers are needed on the front), and had the alloys on it. It came with the original Fun alloys as well, but I'll almost certainly be getting rid of them as they're just far too yellow for my liking!!

The plans for it are:
- custom door cards to fit 6x9 speakers in the back section of the door pockets, just to give a bit better sound in the cab
- marine 6x9s in the bed
- uprate the front suspension (I've heard that mk1 Focus coilovers fit on the front?? Not sure what's involved with fitting them though)
- tidy up the body work
- get more power into the engine bay

I'm looking into possible engine conversions, as I'd like to get at least 130hp in there as the stock 75hp is just pathetic really. I've toyed with the idea of getting a 272 Newman cam, porting and skimming the head, fitting bigger injectors, bigger throttle body and getting the ECU remapped to get to about 120hp. I've also toyed with the idea of a 1.8T conversion (though been put off that after reading just how much work is involved!!), but I am now mostly looking at the Polo GTi 1.6 16V engine as that's fairly easy to do.

From reading through information, I'll use:
- 1.6 16V block from Polo GTi
- 1.4 16V head, intake manifold and throttle body
- use the sump off my 1.6 8V AEE engine for the exhaust clearance
- use a rear crankshaft oil seal and housing off a 1.6 8V AEE to clear the bellhousing adapter plate
- run it all from a 1.4 16V ECU

That, along with a decat and good exhaust system, should see me running about 135-140hp,

All fun to play with at some point in the future eh?

I fitted this steering wheel as the original one was so mouldy and filthy that there was just no way of getting it back to being any resemblance of clean!!!

Fitted a couple of stickers too. I couldn't resist the transformers ones for obvious reasons!!

4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:19 am

Always thought these things look like something you get out of a Kinder egg, but I never even knew it had back seats... Let alone back seats that pulled out like that! :o 8-)

Crazy_C

Re: The Fun Truck

Post by Crazy_C » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:34 am

Haha, yea, the rear seats are very cool. It's weird driving with the back open though as when you look over your shoulder, there's just open air, but you peripheral vision tells you there's still a roof over you.
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

bb1boy
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:30 am

NafemanNathan wrote:Always thought these things look like something you get out of a Kinder egg, but I never even knew it had back seats... Let alone back seats that pulled out like that! :o 8-)
There's one of these things near me with VW Caddy badges all over it :lol: but those rear seats really are funky :) reminds me of the old American rumble seats.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:21 pm

I've always thought these things were cool. Loved them when they were first launched, spent hours playing in one at a motor show :lol:

Doggo
Court Jester
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Looks like a cubist version of a certain 4th gen conversion...

Nice idea. Good luck with it.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:36 pm

How long till its matt black with some awful typical crazy mods? :lol:
:thumbdown:

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:14 pm

:? Lets hope not - that would completely ruin the point of having this car, IMO... It's meant to be cheeky and larey :|

jjmartin349571
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: jjm349571

Post by jjmartin349571 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm liking the new truck 8-)

Crazy_C

Re: The Fun Truck

Post by Crazy_C » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:14 pm

If I had a normal Caddy truck, then yes, it'd go matt black, but as it's the Fun, it's gotta stay yellow, and bit a bit lairy and brash!

One modification that it definitely needs though is a bar that goes ontop of the roof from left to right, just so that people can stand up in the back and have something to hold on to! :lol:

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”