Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Spare-O-Deck 1989

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
becca
My Generation: 3G

Re: Spare-O-Deck 1989

Post by becca » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:55 am

Still no gasket yet so can't try to run the car yet :( really being held back by this so hoping it comes soon as I want to MOT the car asap.

Some more photos of my gauge pod.

becca

Post by becca » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:34 am

Starting to get really fed up of waiting now.

Ordered 31st July, estimated delivery date for the 'in stock' throttle body was Wednesday 3rd August, but then after order that changed to Friday 5th - which was fine as it gave me time to fit it before I went on holiday on the 6th - I mainly ordered from there because it was in stock and the fasted estimated delivery of anywhere else (wish I hadn't bothered now)... Friday comes round. Nope nothing turned up.

I believe it was Wednesday or Thursday 10th/11th that it finally showed up. So when I got back on the Saturday, 13th, and went to fit it and realised it was drokked up - nowhere was open to be able to resolve it until Monday 15th, on which day both Tegiwa and H-Tune (on behalf of Tegiwa) told me it would arrive the next day because I'd already been so inconvenienced. So it was due to arrive on the 16th.

And yet here I am, still waiting, no gasket on the 19th, almost 3 weeks later, and unable to even see if my engine runs. :roll:

I'm gonna make sure they realise I expect some sort of compensation for this because I could have ordered somewhere that didn't have it in stock and had it fitted sooner than this...

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:19 am

Hopefully H-Tune realised never to rely on Tegiwa (who appear to be living up to their reputation again) in future...

ek9sid
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by ek9sid » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:01 am

I'm sure one of the h tune boys is a member on here...

becca

Post by becca » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 am

H-Tune have sorted me right out - gasket never turned up so they're sending me out a brand new TB (will be with me tomorrow) and I'm sending the jobby one back to Tegiwank. I will never ever touch Tegiwa products now. Absolutely not worth the hassle, never known a company to be so crap.

becca

Post by becca » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:36 am

TB came, and a couple of days ago I had the first 'turn key' moment... It cranked but didn't run. With a little tweaking it will now start but cuts out after about 1-3 seconds max, as if you've just turned the key back really fast.

Anyone have any ideas? Going up there today to troubleshoot again but been trying since Friday :(

I've ruled out the ECU by trying a P30 and it does exactly the same. Most of the wiring has been checked by multimeter and cross referenced on obd0 vs obd1 pinouts at original harness end and jumper harness end. Fuel pump primes and is heard running.

For reference if anyone can help it's had:
- boomslang jumper harness
- p06 ecu with a custom map uploaded from a US accord running VERY similar mods
- 270 cam, dual valve springs
- adapter plate with f22 distributor (timing adapted to suit)
- b16 intake with port matched head, 68mm throttle body
- b16 injectors (resistor box removal, stock b16 injectors are high impedance, original accord were low impedance, going to double check these aren't aftermarket injectors without my knowledge by testing ohms later too just in case)
- b16 map sensor

Can't think of anything else relevant. Obviously engine has also had a rebuild but that shouldn't be an issue.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:56 pm

When it cuts out is it a dead stop or does it splutter to a halt?

Are you sure you don't still need a resistor box, just with a lower resistance?

becca

Post by becca » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:35 pm

Well.

The block is drokked. It must have a crack in it somewhere. Engine was no longer cranking by hand so we stripped it and the pistons are covered in black jobby that smells like actual dirt.

Got to start again and rebuild the original block.

Should have foreseen this with the donor block when I found out the donor head was cracked and had to use the original head. Should never have bothered with it.

Feeling pretty jobby right now and definitely not going to make it to the shows I've booked tickets for next month.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Oh :|

becca

Post by becca » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:07 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:Oh :|
Yeah, feeling proper crummy right now. Have ordered ANOTHER rebuild kit (don't trust using the other one now it's been in the damaged block) and making a start on it tomorrow, getting it stripped and ready to be rebuilt. Kit won't arrive until 5th-15th September though as has to come from the states. Setback after setback after setback but I refuse to give up. :(

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”