Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Project BTTF - 3G Accord Aerodeck

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
becca
My Generation: 3G

Re: Project BTTF - 3G Accord Aerodeck

Post by becca » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah, had that sinking feeling in my stomach. Bruce got there before me and the fire service wouldn't let him past, he couldn't see my 'deck but saw the damage to the RR and assumed everything was gone. It's like there was some protective bubble around everything else - it's actually really strange. Just wasn't it's time to go I guess, thank god!!!

Rangey looked awesome before it went up too, was matte black but with a pearl in it. It's a huge shame, but I think we're all just grateful it wasn't any of the others damaged. The unit they're in is a listed building too :oops:

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by Greg-SiR » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Lucky car been spared like that,meant to be.
I love this car of yours,first time to see that shape,seen some aerodecks through the years but not that.
Big fan of that era Hondas myself and fell for an 87 Jdm si Crx Ballade Sports a few years ago which i passed on sadly,had the same pop up headlights as your Accord.
I still browse for it to buy it back :evil:
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Excellent luck/result for you and the deck. Great news IMO.

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Becca you better put the lottery on :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

prahunt

Post by prahunt » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:39 am

I've just read through this and that's crazy.
Unbelievably lucky it didn't get any worse. Let me know if you need a hand tidying up the unit, I still technically owe Bruce a coffee as it is or some cheap manual labour.
'We need some meat for the lions'

becca

Post by becca » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:47 pm

prahunt wrote:I've just read through this and that's crazy.
Unbelievably lucky it didn't get any worse. Let me know if you need a hand tidying up the unit, I still technically owe Bruce a coffee as it is or some cheap manual labour.
Haha it's pretty much all sorted now we spent a full day doing it just need to get the cars back out and get the jobby off the top part of the walls, new skylight is in now too, but thanks.

I genuinely thought that was it - Aerodeck, Spareodeck and my Polo all gone! :cry:
mercutio wrote:Becca you better put the lottery on :lol:
I did think that but I totally forgot to do it! Seems unreal that everything else was untouched - especially considering that at the other end of the barn to the fire, the sap had started dripping out of the wood in the roof, so it must have been bloody hot in there, every single seal on the car is fine, nothing has shrunk, the paint is untouched.

I don't believe in God or any of that, but it seems like some kind of miracle.

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:18 pm

No miracles, fate, or tasks left to carry out before Ascension. Heat doesn't really travel laterally - I'm sure we've all seen how close we can get fingers to candles ;) - and air (roughly speaking) has a higher specific heat capacity than all metals bar sodium, magnesium and beryllium.

Still, lucky the fire service got there quickly. I kept reading RR as Rolls Royce as well. :lol:

becca

Post by becca » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Donald wrote:No miracles, fate, or tasks left to carry out before Ascension. Heat doesn't really travel laterally - I'm sure we've all seen how close we can get fingers to candles ;) - and air (roughly speaking) has a higher specific heat capacity than all metals bar sodium, magnesium and beryllium.

Still, lucky the fire service got there quickly. I kept reading RR as Rolls Royce as well. :lol:
Strangely the stuff on the opposite side to the cars at the same level HAD melted though, thick plastic dust sheets and bags of gravel and some plastic parts of a ride-on mower, but that was all further away than the cars plastic bumpers and lights were to the car on fire. Probably to do with the air flow before the skylight blew out allowing it to go straight up out of that.

I think he'd be a bit more gutted if it was a Rolls Royce :lol: I think we all would be!

becca

Post by becca » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 am

Sorry for the awful picture quality (we still have no lights back yet in the unit) but I managed to get myself a dash mat for the 'deck!

It almost didn't make it here from Thailand as the seller accidentally put United States rather than United Kingdom on the package! :oops: I was actually gutted because I thought I'd never get it and I've been on the lookout for one since I got the car, I think someone picked up on the mistake and sent it over to the UK 'special delivery' though so it ended up with me before the estimated delivery date!

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:04 am

Even rarer than a 3rd gen Prelude dash mat! 8)

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”