Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Project BTTF - 3G Accord Aerodeck

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:08 pm

its only wurly thats disapointed :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Dont worry i have seen Wurlys camel toe in those tight short shorts he wears.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:45 pm

:oops:
but... :think: which is better? My cameltoe, or Phil's bits hanging out of his bright pink shorts? :?

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:53 pm

wurlycorner wrote:My cameltoe, or Phil's bits hanging out of his bright pink shorts? :?

becca
My Generation: 3G

Re: Project BTTF - 3G Accord Aerodeck

Post by becca » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:28 am

Got some photos of one of the Speedlines "on" the car.

Obviously won't poke quite as much as it's butted up against the adapter so about 3mm out and lying funny, not bolted on...

Lighting sucks in the unit, soz... :roll:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Gonna look sweeeeeeeeeeet!

becca

Post by becca » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:58 pm

I hope so! :lol:

I'm on the lookout for skirts at the moment if anyone has any suggestions? Something that will tie well with the over fenders (previous page) so quite angular.

Problem is the wheelbase is so bloody long! I've seen plenty subtle ones for AE-anything and the Celica Supra ones are subtle too but hard to find.

Throw some ideas at me! Or measurements for more common cars to look out for? I'd rather minimal work rather than having to cut and lengthen too much - and spats would be nice too...

What I've found so far that I like the look of are AE82 skirts, very subtle, small spats. And AE101 skirts, a bit more modern, but still relatively boxy. (photos below)

But the AE82 wheelbase is 96" and AE101 is 97", Accord is 102" - obviously that's not entirely relevant as the Accord arches are so wide the actual sills may even be narrower than either Corolla.

Opinions please! I think the 101 would look better with the style of the arch flares, the shape of the curves seem quite similar. But it'll probably end up being a case of try, fail, try again, fail, try a third time and find the right ones :?

AE101

AE82

becca

Post by becca » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:44 am

Small update on the Aerodeck... Bad news but also good news.

Got the old rad back in, charged the battery and started up first time. Gave it a good clean (photo is from before the clean ha) and tucked it back away under a new dust sheet.

Then two days later something awful happened. I got a call to say the workshop we share was on fire. I drove straight over at warp speed but got there after the fire services had left and cleanup had started.

The lad we share with had spent all weekend prepping his new Range Rover for paint, it had just been painted not 24 hours before, he went up there to take some photos, put it back in the unit and went to get his mrs so he could pick up the Rangey and give her the other car back. In the time it took him to drive 10miles the unit had gone up.

Three separate fire services came up to sort the fire and I couldn't be more grateful for everything they did to save the rest of our cars and the barn and how quickly they responded.

The fire started at the back of the Range Rover, electrical we believe. By some ridiculous stroke of luck, or fate, or both the fire had gone up in a column and bust out the skylight giving it somewhere to go. My mint Aerodeck, and his early classic Beetle were both parked mere feet from the RR. BOTH came out completely unharmed, the faded grey of my bumpers hasn't even gone black from heating up. Everything was covered in soot and water which took a while to drain out, there's sap on the spareodeck where the wood in the roof heated up so much and the glue on my rear badge gave out. But that's literally it.

In the photo above the Beetle was parked on the right level with the pallet next to the stack of red boxes, and the Accord was next to it. The RR was in the middle where everything is black (this was AFTER clean up).

Not great to lose the RR but it was a cheap runaround rather than a beloved car so luckily it was that that went rather than anything else.

My Aerodeck is now a fire survivor though and it's given me a bit of a kick up the ass to get it nearer completion, and to get some 'laid up cover' insurance for the cars in the unit just in case.

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:01 pm

WOW, that sucks.

:(
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Woah! Glad it survived!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”