Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lovely 3G Prelude for sale 62k genuine from new

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Stevenbarn
My Generation: 3G

Lovely 3G Prelude for sale 62k genuine from new

Post by Stevenbarn » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:24 am

PLEASE NOTE: MY LOVELY PRELUDE HAS NOW BEEN SOLD. Thanks Lude Gen and all those who helped. Can't believe how little I got for her; e genuine and lovely 3rd Gen, but needed to move on for now...hopefully will own my 3rd one day in the not too distant...

Update on 4 April 2017. Serviced in February, inc fuel filter, Ngk plugs, oil and oil filter. Air filter unused, as existing one was clean; therefore the new one will be given, still boxed, with the car when sold. Mot was renewed in November and the windscreen wiper water pump was replaced for a new one. This was the only fail and there were no advisories. I have used her a little more recently, so the mileage has increased to 63250 approximately.

I have had a huge amount of interest, enquiries and a couple of cheeky offers, but so far no one has actually come to view my Prelude...maybe it's a distance thing but I've had to travel many hours to view and purchase vehicles in the past. With this sale I have even offered to pay something towards the fuel costs to help interested parties to come to look, but still no one has made the trip.

I have recently found an Accord estate I'm interested in...(a good, solid car but very boring, especially compared to a Prelude!) With this in mind I have decided to drop the price to £1350 to try to encourage a sale. If anyone is genuinely interested I will send extra photos if required; I don't understand how to load photos straight onto this forum but I think I can send them via email or Whatsapp if required.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BY WAY OF AN UPDATE (30/12/2016):

DUE TO A RECENT SIDEWALL PUNCTURE, ONE OF THE TYRES HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH A DUNLOP BRANDED TYRE. IT IS AN EXCELLENT MATCH TO THE YOKOHAMA'S VISUALLY AND THE HANDLING DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE CHANGED AT ALL.

THERE ARE SMALL AREAS ON BOTH REAR ARCHES THAT COULD DO WITH SOME ATTENTION. SHE IS 26 YEARS OLD IN JANUARY SO THIS IS PROBABLY TO BE EXPECTED. WHEN I BOUGHT HER VIA EBAY SHE WAS LISTED AS MINT CONDITION AND AFTER MAKING THE OVER THREE HOUR JOURNEY TO COLLECT HER, I DID NOT INSPECT THE ARCHES AS I ASSUMED THEY WERE IN MINT CONDITION. THEY ARE NOT BAD, BUT WILL NEED A LITTLE ATTENTION AND I AM WILLING TO DROP THE PRICE TO ALLOW FOR THIS. ONCE I REALISED THAT THE ARCHES WERE NOT ACTUALLY COMPLETELY "MINT" I PUT GOOD BLOBS OF GREASE ON THEM AND I DON'T THINK THEY HAVE GOT ANY WORSE.

AS I SAID, I AM WILLING TO TAKE MONEY OFF OF THE SALE PRICE FOR AN INTERESTED BUYER, IN ORDER THAT A FULL REPAIR CAN BE DONE.

I HAVE MORE PICS BUT I AM NOT SURE HOW TO GET THEM ONTO THIS FORUM (MY FAULT, NOT LUDE GEN'S!). HOWEVER, I AM ABLE TO EMAIL PICS OR SEND THEM VIA WHAT'S AP TO ANY INTERESTED PARTIES.

To add some relevant information about my red 3rd Gen Prelude 2.0 EX, which is for sale:

The registration plate is H564 CWV (which I remember by using the words "Car With Vintage"!)

The elderly gentleman who sold her to me told me he kept her garaged for all 25 years of ownership. The seats all had car seat covers on for the whole time! Hence the seats look like new seats! He was reluctant to sell her to me as I don't have a garage! However, at about 89 years of age he has now stopped driving and was relieved to sell to someone who loves Preludes.

I very rarely use her for short, "around town" trips and generally only use her for motorway miles, where I tend to sit at about 65mph, although she is very comfortable at high speeds and accelerates well. I have only added about 1500 miles to her since I've owned her. Among the big bundle of history is a timing belt change receipt at 56989 (27 Feb 2013).

The idling isn't 100 percent and could probably do with adjusting, but this has not caused me a problem and she drives beautifully, as smooth as silk, so I haven't had anyone look at the idling yet. My plan was to have that done at the same time as I need to take her to a garage for anything else, e.g. Mot (which has until 14th November to run). If I don't sell her, I will happily drive her to eastern Europe next Spring; I just feel an estate car would be more practical, as it will allow me to take more stuff with me....ironic really, when part of the reason I'm moving is to live a simpler life, with less stuff!

She has covered just over 62000 miles, in 25 years and I'm only the second owner from new, she comes with a decent set of Yokohama tyres (which hold and corner extremely well), original Honda wheels, not alloys. I was going to get a decent set of alloys at some point (i.e. when the tyres need changing) but the original Honda hub caps look fine anyway. If I keep her that's probably what I will do...i.e.when I change the tyres. Having said that, the tyres are a quality brand and have many miles to go, so that gives the new owner some decent options.

The wiper blades, while working, sometimes take an extra second or so to return to the bottom of the screen when used on the first setting (i.e. Slowest/intermittent) setting. All seems fine on the faster settings.

Under the bonnet looks exceptionally good and the previous owner told me the (Bosch) battery is recent, although I couldn't find a receipt to confirm this. It looks fairly new to me and always starts first time, every time.

3 sets of keys, handbook, lots of history, including Honda main dealer. I am still trying to get photos uploaded, downloaded or side-loaded but I am rubbish with techy stuff...I will get someone to help me sort this out soon.

I've probably missed out some stuff but basically...She looks lovely, drives lovely and is lovely...a lot of decent Prelude for the money.

Please feel free to contact me, no obligation at all. Actually, some feedback on my posts would be welcomed, as I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly, in the correct way, place etc...don't really understand bumping and all the rest of it! I'm on 01702 624 589 and 07951 283 558. Oh, and by the way, thanks to Lude Gen for existing and allowing me to post on here...much appreciated. Don't you just love Preludes!!

Original advert: I'm selling my lovely Honda Prelude 3rd Generation, 1991, in fantastic, original condition and only 62000 miles from new!

I am only the second owner, I bought her from an elderly gentleman who had her from new and kept her garaged throughout. He sold to me because he was only using her once or twice a year and his failing health means he cannot drive anymore.

This car is in lovely, original condition throughout with a couple of very minor blemishes, which are easily rectified. Looks fantastic throughout, including under the bonnet and the interior is excellent too.

I am selling because I am moving abroad and need a practical estate car for my journey and new life in Eastern Europe...I will consider swap or px for decent estate car, especially one with a tow bar.

This is a genuine opportunity for someone to own a rarely seen and rarely available classic and beautiful Honda in genuinely excellent condition.

She is available at £1700 and very near, sensible offers will be seriously considered.

Any inspection is welcome and there is no obligation to buy.

My telephone numbers are: 07951 283 558 and 01702 624 589

Thanks for your interest.

Steven Barnett
Last edited by Stevenbarn on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stevenbarn

Re: Lovely 3G Prelude for sale 62k genuine from new

Post by Stevenbarn » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:54 am

Can anyone advise me how to get photos onto for sale ad please and get ad to uk site, not USA...I am useless with online stuff and just need to sell my lovely Prelude!

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Steven, and welcome to LG. We're a UK site, so you're already in the right place!

Here is a guide to getting photos into your forum posts:

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/new-mem ... -t716.html

Cheers,

Graham
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi Steven and welcome, sorry to hear you are having to sell.
As indigo says, you will need to upload photos to a hosting site like photobucket.
Location info would also be helpful for any prospective buyer :D

Andy1000
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Andy1000 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:27 pm

Steven where are you located about.
I would like to see photos of the car and is it the 4ws version?

Stevenbarn

Post by Stevenbarn » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:17 am

Thanks Graham and Iain.

By the way, does my ad just appear as a post that can easily be lost amongst the many daily new posts or is it possible to place it in a specified "for sale" section, so that anyone looking will easily see it?

Many thanks for now.

Stevenbarn

Post by Stevenbarn » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:47 am

Btw, I am located in Southend on Sea, Essex

Stevenbarn

Post by Stevenbarn » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:11 am

By 3rd Generation I mean the model/shape with pop-up headlights....is that correct? Having had a browse on here I'm not sure, but obviously I need to be advertising correctly. I have tried to ad a picture but couldn't figure it out! I'm not good with techy stuff...far happier with my cassette deck than a computer!

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:35 am

You have placed it in the correct place. It will remain at the top of the cars for sale sub forum until someone posts in another car for sale ad, in which case yours will be bumped down the list. Likewise yours will jump back to the top when your ad is posted in. This is also the case for every member's "new posts" list... Your ad will appear/jump to the top everytime it's posted in.

And you're also right that your car is a 3rd gen. It should also be a face-lift model being it's a '91 spec as well.

:)

3rd_gen_Aaron

Post by 3rd_gen_Aaron » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:57 am

If its a 91 reg with pop up lights it is a 3rd gen. Could you email the pictures and I could post them? I'm interested in seeing the colour and condition, I'm also in Essex at the weekend.

Return to “Cars for sale”