Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Red Honda Prelude 2.2 VTi 1998 one user from new

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
lucyleeallen
My Generation: 4G

Red Honda Prelude 2.2 VTi 1998 one user from new

Post by lucyleeallen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Much loved 'lude for sale, in Oxfordshire. One owner from new (my mum - ace driver). No modifications. No accidents. FSH. Mileage 111,000. Beautiful and much loved. Reluctant sale because the garage said it needs new head gasket (not urgent apparently), so my mum said s*d it it's time for a change. MOT until 16/6/17. Finer details as follows:

Bodywork has quite a few scratches and nicks on it (pictured). There are two cigarette holes on the upholstery which were done in 1999 - a one-off misadventure by the mothership and has otherwise always been completely smoke-free. Otherwise the interior is impeccable, as is the boot interior. All manuals, paperwork etc. etc. present, as are both original and spare keys.

This is the eBay listing, please get in touch if you're interested. Thanks http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302242331926? ... 1555.l2648

Although I've read the forum help, I can't seem to post pics from Photobucket. Any tips welcome!!

Any questions, please feel free to ask.
Last edited by lucyleeallen on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:49 pm

A couple of friendly points for your advert:

1) Tax now doesn't transfer with the car, so that point is invalid. When you sell the car you can claim what's left back.
2) If the 4WS isn't working that doesn't make the car 2WS. When the system goes into a fault condition there is nothing securing the rear wheels in the straight ahead position. I would edit the advert to state that the car should be taken on a trailer as it isn't safe to drive.

lucyleeallen

Post by lucyleeallen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:03 pm

Oh thanks for your quick response, and tips, will amend now ... although my mum said the four-wheel steering thing hasn't worked for years and years, and it's always passed its MOT, so will have to double check that particular detail :)

lucyleeallen

Post by lucyleeallen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Have just spoken to my mum who said the 4 wheel drive hasn't worked for about 10 years, but that Honda said it was no biggie. Have gone through service & MOT history and can't find anything about it at all, so have amended my listing on eBay. Thanks again for your help.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:42 pm

Honda should have never told your mum that! :shock: Without the 4WS (4 wheel steer, not four wheel drive ;) ) working, the only thing preventing the rear wheels turning on their own accord are a couple of springs. Corner too hard and/or too fast and the rear wheels are likely to turn whichever way they fancy! (Think of it like pulling a really heavy shopping trolley around a corner at speed... The back end won't want to follow).

You obviously done the right think mentioning it in your ad, but I'd remove the bit about it not being important ;)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi, welcome and GLWTS.
:shock: That is shocking if a Honda dealer said the non functioning 4ws wasn't a problem!
Most likely because they didn't fancy the idea of fixing it (it's a very simple system tbh and not difficult, but scares most technicians).

Return to “Cars for sale”