Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4th gen BB1 UKDM, Loads of JDM extras

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
aardvark64
My Generation: 4G

4th gen BB1 UKDM, Loads of JDM extras

Post by aardvark64 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Well, the 'Lude has finally come to the end of its journey with me. Car is a UKDM 4th gen, 1995, 2.2 VTEC, BB1, in Malachite Green. It has loads of JDM goodies (and some other extras as well) and steel wheels with plastic covers. Check the build thread on LudeBehaviour for pics etc.

Currently declared SORN (so no tax) but still has 6 months MOT. We've owned the car for 12 years and it now has 178k miles on the clock.

Some of the non-standard (i.e. non-UKDM) bits fitted:
• Cold air induction kit;
• Janspeed stainless steel exhaust;
• Front and rear upper strut braces;
• JDM front fog lights;
• JDM folding mirrors wired to central locking;
• JDM door and sunroof wind deflectors;
• JDM rear spoiler with brake-light;
• JDM parking pole;
• JDM turn lights (come on with indicators);
• Prelude sign instead of high-level brake light;
• US-spec Stanley side (repeater) indicators in rear bumper;
• Original FM cooling plate;
• Clear front indicators, turning lights and side repeaters;
• 5th gen glass sun-roof;
• Honda S2000 start button;
• VTEC LED indicator wired into ECU;
• Defi Head-Up Display;
• Lexus 'clear' rear-headlight clusters;
• Honda OEM immobiliser (after-market Cobra Cat-1 alarm fitted but disabled).

Reasons for selling, minor faults:
• the folding mirror on the driver's side doesn't always close when asked. This is because one of the gears in the folding mechanism has lost some of its teeth (for the third time now, I know the symptoms and simply can't be bothered to open up the mirror casing yet again). Simple to fix if you have a spare mirror gear-train or can find the remnants of the nylon gear teeth in the grease;
• earth fault in the folding mirrors circuit. The mirrors sometimes close on their own when the radio is switched on or off. Simple to fix in that the earth for the switch was attached to the earth for the radio but needs to be attached to the chassis ground separately (or a diode put in);
• hand-brake loose due to stretched cables. New cables need to be fitted and then tightened;
• boot rubber seal leaking, so water collects in the boot when it rains. This leads to condensation in the car and water collecting under the rear seats. Can be mopped out but has been a regular PITA recently. Fix is to re-seal the boot with some black mastic around the rubber;
• boot interior light disconnected: it needs to be grounded somewhere else to prevent the boot-latch warning light coming;
• 4WS tripping. Partly due to corrosion at the contacts from all the excess water that's collecting in the boot, but also due to an internal wiring fault (it hates reverse and doesn't like the hand-brake, either). I have a new 4WS control unit which I planned to install once I'd fixed the boot leak;
• ABS light comes on periodically when running at speed on long journeys. No fault recorded for the paper-clip test, and the light goes out the next time the engine is re-started;
• power steering pump is starting to make grinding noises. I have a replacement pump which will cure this.

Reasons for selling, major faults:
• rear brakes starting to bind. Fitted new calipers a few years ago: they need to be stripped and cleaned. The brake pads have plenty of wear left;
• bodywork badly dented by a van just behind the driver's door. Insurance company wanted to write the car off. Chose not to make a claim but will cost ~£500 to fix. Irritating 'cos I had the arches done earlier in the year and was looking forward to spending that money on getting the front end sorted.

Plus points:
• Working air-con - not to everyone's taste, admittedly, but great in the Summer;
• Head-Up Display and Cruise Control are life-savers in average-speed roadworks;
• Space-saver spare, scissor-jack and standard tool-kit provided;
• Engine bay still as blue as ever.

Each of the faults (major and minor) could be fixed easily by someone with the time and enthusiasm. Unfortunately, owing to a new job etc, I now have neither of these essential qualities. Have to say that the Russian trucks and Trabants have taken more of my time than the 'Lude has this year (and last year, too). So it's time for someone else to take this beast on. I have too many other projects to give the old girl the attention she deserves.

Asking price is £500 including all the JDM goodies and extras (e.g. the HUD is worth £100 on its own), or £300 for the UK-spec car (i.e. minus the JDM goodies and HUD which I will sell separately, but including the new spark plugs and leads etc).

Please note: I will not break the car except to remove the non-UK spec items. Send me a pm if you want pictures and can't access the LB site.

Best wishes, Colin
Last edited by aardvark64 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
"My other car is a mid-bulk transport: 03-K64, class: Firefly"

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer
My Generation: 5G

Post by honda-hardy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:07 pm

for those who do not know colin he is admin on ludebehaviour, a very trusted and honest person,and this is a lovely car, shame about the few issues colin.

a complete thread link here.

http://www.ludebehaviour.co.uk/showthre ... post151461

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:21 pm

So sad to hear this Colin :(

Undertandable though. I'm assuming you're not going to get another Prelude (hence not keeping the goodies for yourself)?

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Sad to see.
Hope someone picks this up and brings her back to her former glory

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Colin is one of the best. He has got me out of problems more than once(thanks Colin) So if you are looking for a project read that add I would stake my life on what he says about that car being 100% accurate.
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

aardvark64

Post by aardvark64 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:38 am

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I was going to see another 'Lude but had to buy another car in the meantime to get around with. I need to get both Trabants fixed and the truck back on the road before I can devote more time to the old girl.

The vultures are circling already, time for someone else to have some fun with her.

Best wishes, Colin

aardvark64

Post by aardvark64 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:10 pm

GM is now running again, albeit on 3 cylinders. Might be the distributor cap, but more likely to be a blocked fuel line or throttle body.

Still for sale. Spares or repair.

Here are some before/after pictures of the wheel arches.

Before the idiot van got me:

After the idiot van got me:<br />

Best wishes, Colin

aardvark64

Re: 4th gen BB1, JDM extras

Post by aardvark64 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Success! The GM is now running on all 4 cylinders and sounds awesome (again).

New spark leads and distributor cap over the week-end sorted the ignition side; a tank-full of Redex appears to have improved the fuel flow somewhat. So still for sale, but at least a viable running car again.

It's currently SORN, but I'll put 6 months tax on it as part of the sale.

Best wishes, Colin

aardvark64

Post by aardvark64 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 am

Now on fleaBay. Priced to sell as a bundle.

If the car doesn't sell then I'll scrap her and strip the bits. Anyone who has sent me a pm will get first dibs on any parts.

Best wishes, Colin

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 pm

:shock:
Didn't last long on there!

Do you know what the buyers intentions are/is it a forum member?
:?:

Return to “Cars for sale”