Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

2nd Gen help!!

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
Bhav11
My Generation: 2G

2nd Gen help!!

Post by Bhav11 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi Guys
I have a 2nd gen Prelude and I'm in need of a Brake master cylinder. 1st of all does anyone have 1. Secondly, are there any master cylinders that are interchangeable from other Hondas that I could use?

Also, any lowering suspension kits out there?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:47 am

Hi bhave,
There are adjustable coilovers available for 2g's I forget the manufacturer though, off the top of my head. If you have a look at the profile threads of the 2g owners on here (boomer, Benny, rob_cool1 etc) one of them will probably say what they used. I think there is also a thread in the suspension section discussing the available choices?

You'd be very lucky to find a master cylinder on here I think - I haven't seen a 2g being broken, ever. Good thought on whether the same master cylinder was fitted to other Honda's, that is a possibility (probably the accord of that era would be the best bet?). One way to confirm that would be to look up the oem part numbers of the prelude and other models master cylinders on lings Honda - you don't need the red, can just select different models from the drop down menus. When you're looking at the correct parts diagram, you need to edit the URL to delete the "_pfk" part and hot enter, in order to display the correct oem part numbers (otherwise it just shows a made up lings part number starting pfk_____"
You may well also find that there I'd an overhaul kit available for the master cylinder.

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:52 am

Alternatively, @rob_cool1 may just know anyway..? (He has unfortunately had to replace most of the bits on his car! :lol: :| )

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:04 am

Try Gaz suspension. Probably best to give them a call.

Rob_Cool1
XBOX GamerTag: xoX IceCool Xox

Post by Rob_Cool1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:16 am

Yeah gaz make them to order, pretty sure it was £550 posted, that's pretty much all you can get, I think a company in America make them but not sure who or the cost.

Master cylinder wise I never had to change mine, but when I changed my brakes I found a lot of the older civic stuff was the same (disks and calipers) so best bet would to be to look at ef, ek ones and see if they look the same.

Not sure if 2.0 and the 1.8 are the same though!

Unfortunately guys I sold the car as the camshaft snapped :( couldn't afford to fix it again lol but il try and be as much help as I can, I learnt a lot! If you need it I have the full workshop manual for 2nd gen's :)

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Rob_Cool1 wrote:I learnt a lot!
Yeah, never buy a car from Benny :roll:

Sorry to hear that Rob, after all that pain and effort :(

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:22 pm

Really sorry to hear you had to sell her rob, after you put so much effort in, but fair play to you for sticking with so long!
Do you know where the car ended up/what is going to happen to it?

Bhav11

Post by Bhav11 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks for all the info guys, will look in to these options :D

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”