Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Australian ludeness..

Found something cool online? Post a thread about it in here.
NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 am

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:04 am

Get a ute!
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:19 am

BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by Greg-SiR » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:11 pm

You must be close to me buddy,i'm 10 mins from Surfers paradise ;) .
Welcome to the Australian secondhand car market were everything seems mostly overpriced and most of the time it is but there are some bargains to be had if you have a keen eye and can hold out.
I got my Bb4 at a steal last year and travelled interstate on bus for 6hrs to get it,Lude love.
I paid $2500 for a Bb1 Vtir 2 yrs before with similar mileage to the one in your ad,expect them all to have at least 200,000kms on them as it is a travelling country :lol:
But good news is the aussies look after there cars mostly and expect some sun fade other than that keep some $$'s for a roadworthy or get one with some rego on it to give you some months to address the gremlins but still an a-b driver,and aircon you might say not important now but give it 2 months then the 10 months of summer is back 8-)

Oh and you don't want to import your own car trust me,i did it with my Dc5r a few years back and was a complete headache and a big hole in my pocket for a few month after all the taxes and charges i got slammed with.

Not personal import friendly this country.
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

JEBB4
Supporter 2014

Post by JEBB4 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Drax wrote: I think it would be worth a metricfucktonne of money over there 8-) ... but you wouldn't sell it would you..... :sega: ...HHMMMM :poke:
:lol: no not a chance Drax :D
Greg-SiR wrote:You must be close to me buddy,i'm 10 mins from Surfers paradise ;) .
Welcome to the Australian secondhand car market were everything seems mostly overpriced and most of the time it is but there are some bargains to be had if you have a keen eye and can hold out.
I got my Bb4 at a steal last year and travelled interstate on bus for 6hrs to get it,Lude love.
I paid $2500 for a Bb1 Vtir 2 yrs before with similar mileage to the one in your ad,expect them all to have at least 200,000kms on them as it is a travelling country :lol:
But good news is the aussies look after there cars mostly and expect some sun fade other than that keep some $$'s for a roadworthy or get one with some rego on it to give you some months to address the gremlins but still an a-b driver,and aircon you might say not important now but give it 2 months then the 10 months of summer is back 8-)

Oh and you don't want to import your own car trust me,i did it with my Dc5r a few years back and was a complete headache and a big hole in my pocket for a few month after all the taxes and charges i got slammed with.

Ahh we will have to meet at some point,
Be awesome to speak to another enthusiast out here..

I have heard that importing modified cars is especially difficult :(

Agh never liked American muscle as they don't do corners at all..
Im not a fan of the Utes but I like some of the v8 holdens and falcons that they use in v8 super car racing 8-)
Jamie P 2013 wrote:i like tits :D
My BB6 build
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54187

My BB2 build (yang)(WRITTEN OFF AND SOLD)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18866

My BB4 build (yin) (SOLD TO DRAX)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12087&hilit=JEBB4+ ... ty#p203321

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:21 am

Greg-SiR wrote:Oh and you don't want to import your own car trust me,i did it with my Dc5r a few years back and was a complete headache and a big hole in my pocket for a few month after all the taxes and charges i got slammed with.

I've been looking into this as well.
It's very complicated, because there are so many different routes you could go through. I'd sussed out that I could get all my CX's out there very easy because they were built in 1985, but the ludes (built '90 onwards) would be very difficult. I think I'd sussed that I could get one out there and would then have to wait 10 years before I could do another :roll: :bat: ...Unless enthusiasts out there were to make a fuss and get them on the list of special interest vehicles, in which case that means it then becomes easy to do (from memory the EP3 Type R is on said list, for example).

What I had no sight of was the costs involved.

Can you enlighten as to which particular route you went down to get your DC5 imported and what the costs were to you?

Cheers :D

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Hi Iain It will need to be in your name for at least 12 months and have documents like insurance/reg to prove it then you can bring it in as a personal import.
Cost me @E2500 Irish side transport and shipping it out,i drove it to the haulage company and drove it in to the container which was a squeeze,Dukes of Hazzard exit after!
Then @$10,000Aud to get driving here after compliance and taxes transporting to and from quarantine,a few hidden costs i hadn't allow for such as 1000Aud to get it from the port to the quarantine yard doh!

Cars over here are Way over priced and if you have something rare enough and special it might just be worth it in the long run,at least that was my motto :lol:
I got mine in a 20ft container with 15 large boxes behind full of belongings and the car was full too,mostly aftermarket and performance parts :lol:

Took about 5 days to get through quarantine then i got a garage to do a roadworthy the same day,went to the Dept of Road and got a temp ctp(compulsory third party) to cover the drive home which i done on Irish plates :D and later found out that was illegal and the lass that supplied me with the ctp mustn't have understood it was a personal import,oh well i only found out after the trip and had dramas from the law.
The car needed a compliance plate fitted which was an easy inspection just to make sure the likes of child seats harnesses bolts are there and some other items are present,roadworthy cert then plates and rego and your home free.
No inspection on cars in Qld either unless selling so say goodbye to Mot/NCT's .

I thought i would reep when selling the car in the end but struggled to get 25,000Aud for it after near 8 months advertising :evil:
It was 2001 model with 88000kms sold it in 2009 here.

You know when they are keepers,well for as long as can be justified ;)
JEBB4 wrote:
Drax wrote: I think it would be worth a metricfucktonne of money over there 8-) ... but you wouldn't sell it would you..... :sega: ...HHMMMM :poke:
:lol: no not a chance Drax :D
Greg-SiR wrote:You must be close to me buddy,i'm 10 mins from Surfers paradise ;) .

Ahh we will have to meet at some point,
Be awesome to speak to another enthusiast out here..

I have heard that importing modified cars is especially difficult :(

Agh never liked American muscle as they don't do corners at all..
Im not a fan of the Utes but I like some of the v8 holdens and falcons that they use in v8 super car racing 8-)
Absolutely we should 8-) ,not a fan of the Holdens or Fords myself buddy you get sick to death seeing them and listening to that same droning auto box V6,but yeah the sound of some of the V8's can rip through your chest especially when they keep it in second gear going round your neighbourhood keeping you up at night :lol:

In general thought the car culture is amazing from the classics shining on the highway on Sunday to the newest Ferrari/Aston Martin or Lambo beside you at the lights on your way to work,somewhere there Prelude fits in,well so i tell myself ;)
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm pretty sure that the cars have to be clinically clean too, not a speck of dirt anywhere, as they are jobby scared of the potential contamination risk.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Greg-SiR wrote:Then @$10,000Aud to get driving here after compliance and taxes transporting to and from quarantine
:?
That's the serious load of wedge.
What was that made up of? How much of it was fixed and how much was import taxes and were the import taxes based on the value of the car or what? If so, what was the assessed value of the car?

Return to “Look What I Found!”